Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Away game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Any updates lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

kakee wrote: »
    Any updates lads?

So far the followign have expressed an interest

Mullo76 , recklessone ,ringospur,Kiith,Hatch99 ,Dublin Spur, kakee, yiddo59, EMoran,Philon, Davemen16, irelandspurs, Donspur + 2.

Looks like Wigan on 02/04/11 is the best option we have.
    Fly into Manchester and get the train down to Wigan. Utd and Liverpool are away that sat which should mean flight prices should be reasonable.

Ticket application for this obv wont be until the new year but I can try at the time to get us seats together by putting in one application for the tickets if people wish. With the size of the away section I dont think loyalty points will be an issue for this one (Ronan - correct me if I am wrong) bearing this in mind who does not have a membership to get their own tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

Mullo76 wrote: »

Mullo76 , recklessone ,ringospur,Kiith,Hatch99 ,Dublin Spur, kakee, yiddo59, EMoran,Philon, Davemen16, irelandspurs

Fly into Manchester and get the train down to Wigan. Utd and Liverpool are away that sat which should mean flight prices should be reasonable.

Mark i think its for the best if i stay away from the wigan game.... :mad: :p

Emoran wrote: »
    Mark i think its for the best if i stay away from the wigan game.... :mad: :p

you are probably right.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 , recklessone ,ringospur,Kiith,Hatch99 ,Dublin Spur, kakee, yiddo59, EMoran,Philon, Davemen16, irelandspurs

Ticket application for this obv wont be until the new year but I can try at the time to get us seats together by putting in one application for the tickets if people wish. With the size of the away section I dont think loyalty points will be an issue for this one (Ronan - correct me if I am wrong) bearing this in mind who does not have a membership to get their own tickets?

Sounds good. I'd have access to 3 memberships, but all would depend on the Loyalty Points Cut Off. Other than that, I know only 1 or 2 lads away from the forum who have ST's, who would oblige if they are not going. If that fails, im not sure what to do !!

How much does that stand behind the goal at the DW hold ? Does it hold 4k ?

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I'd have access to 3 memberships, but all would depend on the Loyalty Points Cut Off. Other than that, I know only 1 or 2 lads away from the forum who have ST's, who would oblige if they are not going. If that fails, im not sure what to do !!

How much does that stand behind the goal at the DW hold ? Does it hold 4k ?

I believe it holds up to 5,400 so I cant see loyalty points being an issue.

I have access to a fair few memberships 10+ so cant see there being a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 McSpurs

I'd be up for Newcastle away in january. its the most appealing away fixture for me anyway.

I believe it holds up to 5,400 so I cant see loyalty points being an issue.

Happy Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭donspur

i would be in for an away game count me in if its wigan away i heard its a good away game to go to myself and 2 another lads would go if its ok 1 is a season ticket holder and myself and the other lad are bronze members, just wondering are ye going to go on the day trip or staying the night

donspur wrote: »
    i would be in for an away game count me in if its wigan away i heard its a good away game to go to myself and 2 another lads would go if its ok 1 is a season ticket holder and myself and the other lad are bronze members, just wondering are ye going to go on the day trip or staying the night

added that in. I will most likely be meeting up with a few mates from London up there too. Almost certain I will only be doing a day trip but sure some of the lads might want to stay over.

Lads, know its a while away but if people are planning on staying the night in Manc throw it up and I will add to the organisation post. That way you could all book into the same hotel if you wanted etc...

• Advertisement

added that in. I will most likely be meeting up with a few mates from London up there too. Almost certain I will only be doing a day trip but sure some of the lads might want to stay over.

Lads, know its a while away but if people are planning on staying the night in Manc throw it up and I will add to the organisation post. That way you could all book into the same hotel if you wanted etc...

Would be a day trip job for me squire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

weekend for me I've got a friend who lives halway between Bury and Blackburn so thats my base for all north west England trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭donspur

thanks, i wasnt sure if a day trip could be done like getting back to the airport in time and all that, so if a day trip can be done all the better we will go for sure

donspur wrote: »
    thanks, i wasnt sure if a day trip could be done like getting back to the airport in time and all that, so if a day trip can be done all the better we will go for sure

There is a 10.30 or so flight back so even if it was the late kick off we would still make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jassmine12

Recently me and mine friends went to Spain for our holidays and we enjoy playing golf in the luxury courses of Spain.

jassmine12 wrote: »
    Recently me and mine friends went to Spain for our holidays and we enjoy playing golf in the luxury courses of Spain.

Think your in the wrong neighbourhood mate ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

wigan sounds good, wifes popping another baby out in january so money could be all tied up there but will know nearer the time.My brother live in manchester so i'd probably make the weekend out of it.:D

wigan sounds good, wifes popping another baby out in january so money could be all tied up there but will know nearer the time.My brother live in manchester so i'd probably make the weekend out of it.:D

sounds good mate, a fair few up for it now. Will wait till the new year and try and organise something with everyone up for it. Sure with the new baby you'll need the break anyway so dont mind the money aspect, your mental health is more important. you can tell her I said that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

How about blackpool v tottenham on the 18 dec. Should be a lovely outing around that time of the year.

Thank fcuk we didn't decide to go for this game eh.

Thank fcuk we didn't decide to go for this game eh.

Indeed and also at the moment thinking that if our cl adventure continues the wigan game could be quite close to a CL game, that may effect thinking. Havent looked at exact dates but just throwing it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Indeed and also at the moment thinking that if our cl adventure continues the wigan game could be quite close to a CL game, that may effect thinking. Havent looked at exact dates but just throwing it out there.

No game before, CL quarters start the Tuesday after.

No game before, CL quarters start the Tuesday after.

cheers mate - I think if we had a CL game on the tues I would be at that instead of Wigan though.

cheap flights for Milan on ryanair at mo btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

cheers mate - I think if we had a CL game on the tues I would be at that instead of Wigan though.

cheap flights for Milan on ryanair at mo btw.

Cheers, booked up Friday evening.

Flying back at 3pm, let me know your plans for where you'll be staying.

Wont be doing wigan away, will hopefully make Meelan at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

I travel to the lane quite regulary but have only been to one away game and would love to go to more but never get tickets for the away end.

I joined this forum today as i was talking to a guy in tom mayes pub yesterday while watching the game. His name was mullow or mulla.
    He said this site is quite good for organising trips and so on.

Look forward to chatting with irish spurs fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

guns_healy wrote: »
    I travel to the lane quite regulary but have only been to one away game and would love to go to more but never get tickets for the away end.

I joined this forum today as i was talking to a guy in tom mayes pub yesterday while watching the game. His name was mullow or mulla.

you on coys aren't you mate.i prefer going to away games am always up for going so if you fancy going to one let me know.

guns_healy wrote: »

that was me mate. Welcome aboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 truebluespur

Have a look at the stickys all the info you need is there for getting to WHL. If you need a hand with tickets for a particular game drop a note on here and we will help if poss.

hiya, just browsing through the site, ...was originally thinking of going to ac milan v spurs on feb 15th, caus i thought i would'nt have a chance of getting tickets for the home leg, or would i ?,
    as i was going to have to pay a lot for flights and hotel in milan, i would be happy enough to pay over the odds for the home game, if any spurs fans cant make it,and need the money, that would suit me, its my 50th birthday treat and i would need 3 tickets , myself and 2 kids.
    failing that, any advice on travelling away to milan would be helpful.
    many thanks, bren

Mullo76 , recklessone ,ringospur,Kiith,Hatch99 ,Dublin Spur, kakee, yiddo59, EMoran,Philon, Davemen16, irelandspurs, Donspur + 2.

Right lads. who is still thinking of this one. Conscious that a lot are now doing Milan games instead. cheers

• Advertisement

Not an option for me Mark, Im going to the Meelan game at home hopefully..

Advertisement