Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Away game?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Mullo76 wrote: »
    Right lads. who is still thinking of this one. Conscious that a lot are now doing Milan games instead. cheers

It will depend on if the game is moved for TV Mark, I'll have a look at get back to you shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pduff13

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to do a day tip to Wolves? Also for Wigan which airport is best - Liverpool or Manchester? Is it a train journey to Wigan or bus / taxi?

Cheers

pduff13 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to do a day tip to Wolves? Also for Wigan which airport is best - Liverpool or Manchester? Is it a train journey to Wigan or bus / taxi?

Cheers

Wolves - very tight, there's a flight back on Sunday with Aer Lingus around 8pm but you've a good walk back from Molyneaux to the train station before getting back to Birmingham Airport so my advice is give it a miss.

Wigan - Manchester is your best bet unless you're getting a savage deal on flights to Liverpool (and also managing to catch the flight back, not sure what last flight ex-JLA is)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

For anyone thinking about the Wigan game

Wigan v Spurs, Saturday April 2, 3pm

Allocation: 4,500

Prices: Adult - up to £28.00; Senior - up to £20.00; Junior - up to £20.00

One Hotspur Gold/Silver Season Ticket Holders can apply online or by submitting an application form, which can be obtained from the Ticket Office, no later than 5pm on Thursday 3rd March

One Hotspur Bronze/Lilywhite members can apply online or by submitting the away match application form, which can be obtained from the Ticket Office, from 5pm on Wednesday 2nd March and no later than 5pm on Thursday 10th March.

Loyalty Points: 5

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭donspur

i booked my flight to wigan away at the weekend is there anyone else going to the game?

• Advertisement

I need to take a look at flights because I have plans around that weekend, but am very likely to go to Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I need to take a look at flights because I have plans around that weekend, but am very likely to go to Wigan.

Bud, Philip and Denise are def going. At moment I am leaving it purely because of CL 1/4 final dates, I am also over in apr for wba so wont be able to do 3 in the month and would prefer cl game to wigan away obv

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

What is the story with away tickets. Went online last Thursday and tried to buy tickets for the Wigan away game. Gave me tickets at £0. Is this an application only and, if so, when will I know if I was successful

WHL wrote: »
    What is the story with away tickets. Went online last Thursday and tried to buy tickets for the Wigan away game. Gave me tickets at £0. Is this an application only and, if so, when will I know if I was successful

Yes they are just applications mate,the last day for applications is Thursday 10th, so you should hear soon after that.

I had to apply using my uncle's membership as I missed the deadline for ST holders. They always assign a nominal seat number when you apply which gives you an idea of how many applications they have to dat. Mine was 2011, so I'm going to confidently say this won't sell out and anyone who wants one will get one.

• Advertisement

Great. Thanks guys

Wigan v Spurs, Saturday April 2, 3pm

Allocation: 4,500

Prices: Adult - £25.00; Senior - £18.00; Junior - £18.00

All applications received in the application period have been successful.

Tickets will go on general sale from 9.30am, Wednesday 16th March.

Loyalty Points: 5

wigan away it is ticket approved today, anyone that applied got 1

Got my tickets in the post this morning. One question. Would you bring an 8-year old to an away game?? I have a ticket for him but haven't told him that he is going so I could get away with it (especially as he is going to the B'ham game on the last day of the season). I was a regular traveller to away games in the 80s and 90s but haven't been away since

WHL wrote: »
    Got my tickets in the post this morning. One question. Would you bring an 8-year old to an away game?? I have a ticket for him but haven't told him that he is going so I could get away with it (especially as he is going to the B'ham game on the last day of the season). I was a regular traveller to away games in the 80s and 90s but haven't been away since

Wigan is a very friendly place to go away so you'll have no problems.

Thanks. That is one side of it. Also would the Spurs fans be standing for most of the game. That would be my biggest worry - i.e. he just wouldn't see it. He was at the 9-1 last season so maybe I should just bring him as a lucky omen and tough if he doesn't see anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Just bumping this thread guys. Was wondering if this happened last season as I was not around? I would definately be interested this season, so was wondering if there is any kind of interest from other boards users.

OK, here's my 2 cents on it ;) , I have a new arrival due in December, so between that and finances, I will probably only get over once between now and the end of the season (assuming we dont get to a cup final :D). So a meet up with the lads off here would be a great idea. A day trip for a home game would probably suit but im open to ideas. Swansea or Norwich at home could be good options ?

p.s. It didn't happen last season !

Hatch99 wrote: »
    OK, here's my 2 cents on it ;) , I have a new arrival due in December, so between that and finances, I will probably only get over once between now and the end of the season (assuming we dont get to a cup final :D). So a meet up with the lads off here would be a great idea. A day trip for a home game would probably suit but im open to ideas. Swansea or Norwich at home could be good options ?

p.s. It didn't happen last season !

Well to be honest a meet up home or away sounds good to me, so I am open to any suggestions and popular choice :)

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Well to be honest a meet up home or away sounds good to me, so I am open to any suggestions and popular choice :)
    what about sunderland away in april, its a handy flight only 45mins we done newcastle away a few weeks ago and it was no bother, get the train (metro) at newcastle airport straight to the stadium of light id say its only about 30 to 40 mins on the metro and the fare is cheap and match tickets should be cheap enough, and if anyone whats to do the day trip they should make the flight home after the game and if anyone whats to stay newcastle is mental, just keep a check on flights and sky for match changes

donspur wrote: »
    what about sunderland away in april, its a handy flight only 45mins we done newcastle away a few weeks ago and it was no bother, get the train (metro) at newcastle airport straight to the stadium of light id say its only about 30 to 40 mins on the metro and the fare is cheap and match tickets should be cheap enough, and if anyone whats to do the day trip they should make the flight home after the game and if anyone whats to stay newcastle is mental, just keep a check on flights and sky for match changes

You know I looked at that game as a possible last night. And going by what you are saying it sounds perfect. Cheers for the advice, I would love a trip to the North East definately. By the way is this Darren?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Now this one does sound very tempting :)

Nothing like a night on the lash in Newcastle, definite overnighter if I go.

Now this one does sound very tempting :)

Nothing like a night on the lash in Newcastle, definite overnighter if I go.

Nice one Shane, I would be interested in an overnighter aswell

Could be a good one alright. All depends on tv changes i suppose, flight options seem pretty bad but im sure we could get around that.

You know I looked at that game as a possible last night. And going by what you are saying it sounds perfect. Cheers for the advice, I would love a trip to the North East definately. By the way is this Darren?

yeah its me alright mate, four of us went to the newcastle game a few weeks ago its some spot and the saturday night is mental, the place was packed and the people are dead friendly as well, hotel we stayed in right beside the metro was handy cheap as well
    i just had a look at the flight and by the look of it the flight back after the game is a problem but it might change, i know when i booked it there was 2 flights out of dublin and 2 flights back out of newcastle so just have to keep an eye on this 1 but it would be worth staying over if anyone can and have have a few pints

yeah its me alright mate, four of us went to the newcastle game a few weeks ago its some spot and the saturday night is mental, the place was packed and the people are dead friendly as well, hotel we stayed in right beside the metro was handy cheap as well
    i just had a look at the flight and by the look of it the flight back after the game is a problem but it might change, i know when i booked it there was 2 flights out of dublin and 2 flights back out of newcastle so just have to keep an eye on this 1 but it would be worth staying over if anyone can and have have a few pints

Hey Darren, Donal here. I will keep an eye out on those flights definately, but as you say a night in Newcastle is not a bad option anyway. Must definately meet for a few pints for the Bolton game in December.

Hey Darren, Donal here. I will keep an eye out on those flights definately, but as you say a night in Newcastle is not a bad option anyway. Must definately meet for a few pints for the Bolton game in December.
    yeah definitely have a few alright i will give you a shout nearer the time and arrange iticon14.gif, cant wait to go over again, seems miles away but will fly around

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

I'm doing rovers away ;)

• Advertisement

Mullo76 wrote: »
    I'm doing rovers away ;)

:D

Advertisement