Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New beautician postmarnock - any good?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I noticed a new beauticians has opened on station road in portmarnock? Has anyone tried it?

I was thinking of trying it at the weekend as it is much closer to me than my current beautician in malahide :)

Little Miss

PS I have no connection to this salon - just happen to live near it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I was wondering the same, as need to get my legs waxed again. Thinking of giving them a ring to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

I tried out the new place and to be honest am disappointed, had half leg wax and there was alot of wax left on my legs and ankles( only noticed when I got home later).
    Place was clean and nicely decorated, girls are newly qualified and lacking experience/ professionalism. Mid wax the girl need to go get something, left the door open with me lying on the bed only half dressed another customer walked past and could clearly see in, I hopped up and closed it, I mentioned it but the girl didn't see my issue.

Ah maybe they are just learning but still I wasn't pleased.

Anyone else been?

Thanks for the feedback, was thinking of going for a half leg wax, but now I am not so sure. I would have thought newly qualified would not really make much difference in waxing, as a former housemate of mine her sister did a beautician's course, and she was fab at waxing, and in the place she trained at they had plenty of hands on experience during the course.

I am surprised the girl didn't seem to see the issue re leaving the door open though - I would have thought something like that was common sense :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Look to be honest I think I will give it a second go, the girl really did try to be friendly and focused on customer service. It is really handy as I live very close, which is another big plus.

If you do try it out, please let me know how you get on.

I decided to give them a go, got the half leg wax done, and no wax left on my legs. It was the manager I had, and found her to be friendly and professional. She took her time too, was in there for 40-50 mins, have never had a leg wax take so long before. I liked the fact she didn't just rub in the lotion afterwards, but gave a mini massage too. I, for one, would definitely go again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

I have been down to this salon Brow beauticia twice now and I have to say I have found it very good. I also went to the manager so Im not to sure what the other girls are like. I got a half a leg wax done which was the first time for me to be ever waxed:eek: I was really scared before going I thought it would be really sore but I was pleasently surprised. It wasnt painful at all and my legs felt great after it.

The second time I went I got a pedicure which was excellent but I would advise anyone to allow plenty of time I think I was there for 2 hours. She takes her time. And I got threading which having got in the past I would say she did it the best. My eyebrows are quite thin so I never really made much of a shape to them but she actually transformed them for me :D. I will definitley be going back.

Advertisement