Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pics: 2012 Audi A6 taking shape

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Moses7 wrote: »
    2012 Audi A6 photos(testing car)

nothing breaking, very likely will look like a smaller version of the new A8.

Doesn't look much different to me! and what's with that stuupid paintjob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

pajero12 wrote: »
    Doesn't look much different to me! and what's with that stuupid paintjob?

It is to stop peole getting a proper look at what it will end up like, you can't see the lines of the car properly

All manufacturers do this when testing a car

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

this disguise is a good one(for Audi I guess), it really is hard to tell the lines. I think Jaguar and BMW use similar pattern on their prototypes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I don't know why they've bothered to disguise it.

1. Take photo of Audi A8.
    2. Multiply all dimensions by 0.75
    3. Thats all, finished. You now have the new A6.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Moses7

not sure about the rear lights, but the front ones look similar to the ones on new A1 rather than the A8.

• Advertisement

Looks like an old Passat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

RoverJames wrote: »
    Looks like an old Passat :D

That's what I was thinking too :D

Seriously, it's hard to tell by that photo obviously but it doesn't look like there's anything truly innovative going on with the shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

At last an interesting looking Audi! Oh wait, they are going to take the tape off aren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Mr.David wrote: »
    I don't know why they've bothered to disguise it.

1. Take photo of Audi A8.
    2. Multiply all dimensions by 0.75
    3. Thats all, finished. You now have the new A6.

Exactly, yawn, Every Audi for the last decade has been an evolution of the previous model, they don't seem to have the balls to change just in case they lose their existing customer base.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Audi... looks like they are joining the ranks of porsche in terms of having the laziest car designers.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Exactly, yawn, Every Audi for the last decade has been an evolution of the previous model, they don't seem to have the balls to change just in case they lose their existing customer base.

They're probably right though, look at the reaction to Chris Bangle's BMW designs. If you change things too much or get too experimental you can alienate all your present customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

-Chris- wrote: »
    They're probably right though, look at the reaction to Chris Bangle's BMW designs. If you change things too much or get too experimental you can alienate all your present customers.

After people got over the initial shock of Bangles designs, they have matured quite nicely and changed the image of BMW forever (with the exception of the plain Jane 3 series). People were aghast when the Bangle designed 5 series came out and I think it proved to be the most popular 5 ever and it still looks fresh, though the brand new 5 is a beaut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

There's even an A7 coming out aimed towards rivaling the Merc CLS:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/audi-a7-sportback-2010-07-27

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

I'm not sold. It looks like a face lift of a facelift. Bad news Audi I may not be back if its going to look like a baby A8.
    2011-audi-a8-7.jpg

The new A8 just looks bland. Its lost its presence. I can only imagine the new 6 will be the same :(

Advertisement