Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do me a favour?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Cobh has a cancer rate at least 37% higher than the national average. There have been countless people diagnosed with different forms of cancer down the years with mothers, brothers, fathers, sisters etc dying. The toxic dump at haulbowline is not safe yet the government after initially confirming there would be a health study have backtracked and said there will be none. This is WRONG!!!
    Please please please sign the petition. 100,000 signatures and this will be taken to a european level. Lets make sure no more families suffer the unnecessary pain of losing a loved one.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/corkharbourhealthstudy/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

tribalarmy wrote: »
    Cobh has a cancer rate at least 37% higher than the national average. There have been countless people diagnosed with different forms of cancer down the years with mothers, brothers, fathers, sisters etc dying. The toxic dump at haulbowline is not safe yet the government after initially confirming there would be a health study have backtracked and said there will be none. This is WRONG!!!
    Please please please sign the petition. 100,000 signatures and this will be taken to a european level. Lets make sure no more families suffer the unnecessary pain of losing a loved one.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/corkharbourhealthstudy/

Done. But why 100,000? Is is a requirement or something, or just your goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ciano6

Done. To help your cause and for entertainment should such a thing as Cobh go to Europe.

But, I spoke to the head of the National Cancer Registry some time ago and had a very interesting chat. I have it from the horses mouth that there are NO statistically significant pockets of cancer anywhere in Cork or the South Coast. He is a very honorable man and very sympathetic but said categorically that there is NO evidence whatsoever of any increased incidence of cancer that is of any significance.

Smoking, obesity, social deprivation and alcohol. They cause cancer.
    There are more fat, boozing, socially deprived smokers living in Cobhand Ringaskiddy. Thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

ciano6 wrote: »
    Done. To help your cause and for entertainment should such a thing as Cobh go to Europe.

But, I spoke to the head of the National Cancer Registry some time ago and had a very interesting chat. I have it from the horses mouth that there are NO statistically significant pockets of cancer anywhere in Cork or the South Coast. He is a very honorable man and very sympathetic but said categorically that there is NO evidence whatsoever of any increased incidence of cancer that is of any significance.

Smoking, obesity, social deprivation and alcohol. They cause cancer.
    There are more fat, boozing, socially deprived smokers living in Cobhand Ringaskiddy. Thats all.

I do not believe H.C. said that (if that is who you talked to). Anyway no epidemiologist can ever say categorically NO to anything. Your comments are misguided and offensive. But hey, all in the name of entertainment!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

This aint a place for political rises to be started/continued/finished

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement