Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glendalough 15km run, Sat Oct 30

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Full set of photos available on www.actionphotography.ie

JS has surpassed himself with some of these. Particularly set 4 looking down over the lake:- here

He has indeed, that set is great, there's some nice ones with me and a 3 others going up in a group, I even managed a smile in one of them. Never even realised that view was behind me at the time.

There some great scenic ones of the lakes, one in particular in which the water is as still as glass and mirrors the hills behind it perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

really enjoyed the race. It was a tough one. Any idea if there are going to release the finishing times ?

Preliminaries are already up on the main site, http://www.glendaloughtrail.com/userfiles/PrelimBasic.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Wonkagirl

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Never even realised that view was behind me at the time.

NOR DID I!! the photos are amazing. stunning setting for a race. looking at the photos, i wish i'd taken in more of the scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

great photos looked like a great day bit sickened that i didnt do it now, although i was busy training for sea to summit,
    hopefully itl be on again next year, if those photos are used for pr itl drum up a lot of entries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

sorry to up an old thread but I don't see a current one for this event, anyone running this this November? Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

start a new thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭RAFA B

Thinking of doing this in November. Does anyone have any experience of it? Is it a fairly steep 15k?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

RAFA B wrote: »
    Thinking of doing this in November. Does anyone have any experience of it? Is it a fairly steep 15k?

reasonably gradual trails. There should be a gpx trail for this race somewhere in this thread. Great route, well run event.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

I signed up for this a while ago. I think I was a bit hasty as I only completed my last LSR (20km) 2 days ago for my ROAD half marathon in a couple of weeks time! Since I have already got some donations I'm going to have to do it...

Bearing in mind that I cannot run uphill (yet) and that I will only have 2 weeks in between my half marathon (aiming for a 2h finish) and this race, my 1st question is should I start early with the walkers/joggers or with the main field?

The other question is what would you recommend I do in those 2 weeks in between? Just recover from the half marathon, put in some trail and/or uphill kms or something else?

• Advertisement

If you're running 20k at the moment you should be fine with the runners, you may even have more mileage under you than many others doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Thanks, TR. I guess I'm a little anxious. Probably a mixture of inexperience and the race fast approaching...

Advertisement