Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fogot to use voucher, cannot get refund

Options
  • 10-08-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

We got a photography voucher valid for a year, to get a professional portrait with a photographer whom we have used many times over the last few years.

The voucher was due to expire a few months ago so we arranged to have a portrait sitting before expiry. Unware that my wife had voucher from her sister I paid in full for the portrait in June.

The portrait was delivered to us at the weekend and when discussing later that night I was made aware that I had forgot to use the voucher when paying in June.

We contacted the photographer immediately and asked if he could refund the cash.

He said he would not refund the cash but would extend the validation.

We have no use for his service in the future and would prefer to get the cash returned.

Where do we stand in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I would say you made the mistake and the company are within their rights.

As a good will gesture if I was the company I would have refunded the cash for the voucher.

But I'm not sure they would have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

782378 wrote: »
    We got a photography voucher valid for a year, to get a professional portrait with a photographer whom we have used many times over the last few years.

The voucher was due to expire a few months ago so we arranged to have a portrait sitting before expiry. Unware that my wife had voucher from her sister I paid in full for the portrait in June.

The portrait was delivered to us at the weekend and when discussing later that night I was made aware that I had forgot to use the voucher when paying in June.

We contacted the photographer immediately and asked if he could refund the cash.

He said he would not refund the cash but would extend the validation.

We have no use for his service in the future and would prefer to get the cash returned.

Where do we stand in this situation?

The photographer has no obligation to even extend the validation of the voucher, he could have just said no.

Either try to find someone who wants to voucher, or just get another photo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

His offer to extend the voucher is very reasonable to be honest, its not his fault you forgot to use the voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

agree with Cabaal, he is being very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Yeah I think you are very lucky with the photographer offering to extend the voucher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

It was your fault not his. He was well within his right to say no if he wanted. You were in the wrong not him.

Advertisement