Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Priced Phones?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am considering investing in a smartphone, particularly the samsung galaxy s. Problem is i don't really want to spend over 400euro for a phone that will be quickly outdated... I would love to buy it but I would prefer if it was at a lower price.

I will be buying prepay and I will be staying with meteor so I will probably have to buy the phone unlocked.

Any help/advice would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Would you consider buying a second hand one from say www.adverts.ie

Unlocked phones say from Expansys are very expensive, the phone you are looking for is €529.99 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 harry92

Yeah i checked that out too and actually posted a comment on one but I have a feeling it will fall through and there aren't many other options...

It's a very good phone though and the iPhone 4 is even more expensive as far as I know.

Any other "SmartPhone" suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

The HTC Desire. I think you can pick it up at CPW on Meteor prepay for 500 quid. However, people have picked up a Desire on o2 prepay (400 quid) and found them to be unlocked, but branded also.

There are some horror stories though, where the phones have been locked.

In terms of new phones coming out, there is the Desire HD, the HTC Vision and Samsung's Epic 4G (which I admit, looks, well, epic).

Out of the three I've mentioned, the Desire HD is the most likely to hit our shores. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vision did too, although the Epic is another story. It uses CDMA bands which aren't used anywhere in the world besides America and China(?).

Samsung may however make a GSM version and slap a different name on it.

I'd say these phones won't come here on networks until at least late spring next year.

Advertisement