Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Nicaragua *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options
  • 10-08-2010 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

So! Survivor 21 is upon us, with the cast being revealed yesterday! The theme for the season is Old vs. Young, with a tribe of Under 30's taking on a tribe of Over 40's. Who will win this battle of the ages!

560.survivor.lr.080910.jpg

Premiere is September 15th
    More info on the cast: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/
    Entertainment Weekly's preview, with video interviews: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/08/09/survivor-nicaragua-new-cast/

I for one can't wait for some more Survivor. It's gonna be great to see some fresh faces :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Should be a good season, but I think the odds are in favour of the youngsters. I hope I'm proved wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

What season is TG4 currently airing, and at what time/day?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't wait - I'm amazed they never did the Young VS Old before to be honest... That'll be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Looking forward to how they'll modify the challenges so as the younger tribe won't just dominate. I can definitely foresee a tribal shuffle pretty early in the game though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Cant wait love survivior, the amount of twists and turns never fail to amaze me you think you've seen it all then bam! Have tg4 shown 20 thought the last one they showed was the 18th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Saw an ad for season 19 on TG4 there the other day, forget which day it's starting though.

Saw an ad for season 19 on TG4 there the other day, forget which day it's starting though.

Think its sometime this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This is starting tonight. \o/ Looking forward to it. I hope they don't go overboard with the hidden immunity idols this year though like they did last year.

I just watched the first episode.

First impressions are that Marty will possibly annoy me, as will Holly. Actually, an awful lot of them are annoying me already.

What is with the weird names this year? Jud, Benry and Sash?

Immunity looks like a garden gnome.

Annoyed at Jimmy Johnson's OTT edit =P, I don't really care about him and hope he goes soon as he takes away from the other contestants :o. Not sure what to think so far, first impressions were hard to get, although I was disappointed Wendy went first, she seemed nice.

• Advertisement

I don't think there was anyone too memorable in that group. I can't see this season being as good as the last few...

I don't think there was anyone too memorable in that group. I can't see this season being as good as the last few...

There's no Russell To hog airtime. That's a good sign for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 survivorfan

guys give it a chance... there will be alot more to this jimmy johnson im sure and be interesting to see if that hot cheerleader one gets her parvati play on... ha. woohoo survivor is back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Brionde

janeybabe wrote: »
    I just watched the first episode.

First impressions are that Marty will possibly annoy me, as will Holly. Actually, an awful lot of them are annoying me already.

What is with the weird names this year? Jud, Benry and Sash?

Immunity looks like a garden gnome.

Ha totally agree about the garden gnome. For me I have always forgotten the first few contestants out by the end of the series. I love the fact that it's old against young, it really did need a new twist like that after 20 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

First episode was ok. I'm just happy to have some Survivor back! Plenty of Jimmy Johnson, but it doesn't look like he's gonna last long. Jimmy T looks like he could be entertaining. Doesn't have a chance of winning though. Too much of a loud mouth right off the bath. Shannon looks like he'll prob talk himself out of the game. Marty looks like he might be a bit of a snake. Think he might be our villain this season if he gets enough time in there.

A little bit off topic, but I'd really love to get all seasons of Survivor on dvd or download. Does anyone know of anywhere I could get them all? Is there anywhere you can buy old Survivor seasons?

What a second episode.

Na'Onka and Fabio for final 2 please! =P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was a brilliant second ep, this could be a classic series if some of the freaks manage to hang around, loved the bit with the shoes. The Asian cheerleader is seriously sexy.

Dear God, they're all nuts! It's great. :D I really enjoyed the second episode.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Dear God, they're all nuts! It's great. :D I really enjoyed the second episode.

They remind me of if there was a season of the Casaya tribe from Panama :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Oh noooo,
    I missed the 2nd episode! :(:(

I stumbled upon it on tg4 last week and twas good.
    So decided to try and keep tabs on it.

:/

• Advertisement

Oh noooo,
    I missed the 2nd episode! :(:(

I stumbled upon it on tg4 last week and twas good.
    So decided to try and keep tabs on it.

:/

TG4 is showing Survivor: Samoa right now, which is season 19. In the USA right now they are showing Survivor: Nicaragua which is season 21 :)

That second episode was something else. Insane tribal council! If they're this nuts 6 days in, then things are going to get pretty crazy later on. Shame to see Shannon go so soon. Seems like he could have made for interesting tv. Holly's got to be the next to go, considering the youngs have the medallion of power (ugh... it even feels stupid to type it). She is way too bonkers to be able to turn things around for herself. Surely NaOnka won't last. She is gonna explode sooner or later. There is some really unbelievabley stupid people on this year. Shannon's tribal council performance, Holly confessing to the shoe escapade, Jill telling Marty where the HII was (!!), Dan bringing 1600 dollar shoes on Survivor, Judd in general.
    But seriously, what was Jill thinking!? Had to laugh at Marty's "I found the idol, I found the idol!!... er, WE found the idol." He is not to be trusted at all. He's def gonna shaft her.

ya marty is one to watch id say. you usually know by the air time people are getting whether they are staying round so i imagine naonka and holly are going soon and the girls on the young tribe havent been seen yet so could be around a while... thank god shannon gone. '' are you gay'' ha!

Well thank God he's gone anyway. I was getting a bit sick of all the attention he was getting.

Ah no, Jimmy T was great. Felt sorry for him there at tribal.

phew jimmy t is gone... one of the most annoying players ive seen. think jill from old tribe and benry or brenda from young tribe ones to watch..

Jimmy T really shot himself in the foot tbh. He was so needy. I didn't like him but he was actually pretty entertaining. I think I'm getting the hang of this not just wanting the nice people to stay thing.

Not many likeable players in this season. Brenda is completely dominating the younger tribe. I really want to see Na'Onka go next. It's just getting difficult to watch her. I'm starting to get the feeling that some completely pointless player is gonna win this season. Someone like Purple Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Not really lovin' this season yet. How bad was the older tribe's players' lack of willingness to say who they wanted out? Probably a switch next week, and hopefully Marty will stir something up.

• Advertisement

I'm really enjoying this season so far. So many guys gone in a row! This must be some kind of record :P.

Na'Onka really appears to be in a bad way, I'm guessing she's gone soon.

Marty could be in a lot of trouble, is it possible there'll be a major blindside coming up? I don't like the lack of visibility Kelly S and Sash are getting - particularly Kelly S - she hasn't had a single confessional yet, what on earth are the editors up to?

Can't wait for next week, it looks like it could be a
    double elimination?

Advertisement