Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Nicaragua *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 survivorfan

like the thinking of lack of video time but chances are that means they just win aload of immunities in a row when it gets down to it. wouldnt necessarily say its them winning. reminds me of morgan way back when who was never on tv and then won aload of immunities. pearl islands i think... and bottleopener that would be very very interesting if it did happen!
    not sure best move to vote tyrone,naonka and the old guy aint up to much at all...

why are la flor keeping M in the whole time.... beats me!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

I'm guessing they think he'd be easier to work with after the merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Maybe Sash and Brenda just aren't that worried about him. Marty's not nearly as smart as thinks he is. He's made 2 suicidal moves 2 weeks in a row now and he's very lucky to still be in the game. Tribal was good this week with Sash's slip up. Things could get interesting between him and Brenda down the line. They both seem like good players.

Maybe Sash and Brenda just aren't that worried about him. Marty's not nearly as smart as thinks he is. He's made 2 suicidal moves 2 weeks in a row now and he's very lucky to still be in the game. Tribal was good this week with Sash's slip up. Things could get interesting between him and Brenda down the line. They both seem like good players.

Marty's edit has been very confusing for me all along. They made him out to be the powerhouse all along, when actually he was in an equal 3 way alliance with Jill and Yve. They made Jill out to be a follower and completely edited Yve out of the alliance. Really bizarre.

• Advertisement

Sash is playing a good game. He sees the value of taking NaOnka to the end while also distancing himself from her after the food robbing. He's also pretty much guarenteed to get Marty's vote now because he kept his word and protected him from the chop again this week. Strange that Brenda didn't see through his reasoning for keeping Marty around this week.
    Just doesn't seem like there is any players left that are smart enough to stop Sash/Brenda/NaOnka. Purple Kelly, Holly and Jane are happy enough to follow along until their time is up. Fabio is on another planet. Dan is completely pointless. Marty doesn't have any numbers or the ability to turn people. Hard to know where Chase's head is at this point. Benry is the only person I could see trying to pull something together. Too bad he's the biggest jackass in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Jane really really annoyed me this week. She's so bitchy and she was so smug when she beat Marty. It was great to see her face when Marty wasn't voted out.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Jane really really annoyed me this week. She's so bitchy and she was so smug when she beat Marty. It was great to see her face when Marty wasn't voted out.

I really dislike Jane, everything about her seems so fake, it's like she's playing to the cameras to get popular and win the "America's favourite player" prize. Her random hatred of Marty and Jill was bizarre too, and Jill shed some light on this in post show interviews - it really was purely random.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I get the impression that she's a bit simple, and even if she did make it to the end that none of the younger crowd would vote for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I always instantly dislike the good old down south all American yee-haw character that shows up on Survivor every year, they always seem so fake.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna miss
    Marty.
    He made big moves and ran his mouth off all the time. Good entertainment. At least he went out with a bang. His voting confessional and strut afterwards were hilarious. Man' I'm gonna be so pissed if this Jane/Chase/Holly alliance make it to the end.

delighted who was voted out this week.sash and brenda are the two that need to b stopped,dont think the other members of the alliance are devious enough.... think kelly purple must win a load of challenges or somthing as she is never on talking...

think kelly purple must win a load of challenges or somthing as she is never on talking...
    Tbh, I think it's because when she does talk, she sounds like a moron.

Brenda and Sash were stupid to vote Marty out. He commanded far less of the tribe, while Jane was much more powerful. They could have relied on him to feed them information, but I guess their egos got the better of them, thinking that he was running the show and not them.

Aard I was thinking the same thing about purple kelly but didn't wanna say. her one confessional made her sound a bit simple alright...:eek:

sash and brenda are the two that need to b stopped,dont think the other members of the alliance are devious enough.... think kelly purple must win a load of challenges or somthing as she is never on talking...

I think Sash and Brenda are in a bit of trouble. They went from being in charge to being caught between 2 alliances in Benry/Fabio/Dan and Jane/Chase/Holly/Nay. They'll have to choose one to join, which means they'll be bottom of the totem pole in which ever one they choose. Good thing for Sash that he has the immunity idol, but I think they should have listened to Marty this week and ousted Jane.

As for Kelly Purple, I completely forgot she was in the game. Who's alliance is she even a part of anymore??

I think Sash and Brenda are in a bit of trouble. They went from being in charge to being caught between 2 alliances in Benry/Fabio/Dan and Jane/Chase/Holly/Nay. They'll have to choose one to join, which means they'll be bottom of the totem pole in which ever one they choose. Good thing for Sash that he has the immunity idol, but I think they should have listened to Marty this week and ousted Jane.

As for Kelly Purple, I completely forgot she was in the game. Who's alliance is she even a part of anymore??

Kelly Purple is in with Jane/Chase/Holly/Nay.
    Aard wrote: »
    Tbh, I think it's because when she does talk, she sounds like a moron.

I think that's precisely it :P. I saw some of her insider vids too, she really isn't the sharpest tool in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Haven't really enjoyed this season very much. None of the contestants stand out that much. Marty was probably the best of a bad bunch. Can't stand Jane.
    Kinda want to see Fabio win it at this point, but I doubt he'll come close.

Last episode was pretty good. Glad that Brenda was gone, and that Kelly Purple had another chance to shine. Even the contestants think she's for the birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Aard wrote: »
    Even the contestants think she's for the birds.

She'll probably win it so. Kelly P is playing a superb game of riding coat tails. There is nothing to either like or hate about her. She isn't a physical or mental threat.

Like always, she'll win it by default, because the jury won't want to give the money to anyone else.

Like others, this season really isn't all that memorable. Nobody is really standing out that much. Naonka, for being as ghetto trash as she is, is like a cliché.

I've also been fairly unimpressed by the challenges (I guess mainly because nobody is dominating them)

meh... we'll see how it goes.

The challenges leave me wanting, too. They seem pretty simple, kind of "home-made".

The whole season is giving me Thailand flashbacks.

I'm rooting for Holly at the moment. She seems to be making moves, is fun to watch, and has that classic Survivor underhanded pleasantness. Unlike Jane who has unendearing in-your-face obnoxioiusness.

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    She'll probably win it so. Kelly P is playing a superb game of riding coat tails. There is nothing to either like or hate about her. She isn't a physical or mental threat.

Like always, she'll win it by default, because the jury won't want to give the money to anyone else.

Like others, this season really isn't all that memorable. Nobody is really standing out that much. Naonka, for being as ghetto trash as she is, is like a cliché.

I've also been fairly unimpressed by the challenges (I guess mainly because nobody is dominating them)

meh... we'll see how it goes.

Purple Kelly's edit is waaay too invisible to win. Previous under the radar winners have at least had some insight into their gameplay, Kelly Shinn has been COMPLETELY invisible in most episodes ie. no airtime at all. She has no chance.

Based on the edit so far it's between Jud/Fabio and Holly for me, they're getting the right mix of not being shoved into your face, and their strategy is being shown without going overboard.

Kelly Shinn has been COMPLETELY invisible in most episodes ie. no airtime at all. She has no chance.

Yeah, there is an art to riding coat tails. You need to be present, but neutral.

Kelly P is neutral, but not really present. She basically just amounts to a vote. When her vote is no longer needed she'll probably get booted.

Jane is a real head scratcher. She is putting herself out there with a huge target on her back. I can understand wanting to win immunity, but you can only do it so often before everyone decides to gun for you. She's a triple thread, she's amiable, strong in challenges and has a sob story to win votes.

I'll also say I see Naonka in the final 3. Nobody will give her the vote. She openly back stabs, lies, steals, seems always aggressive and obnoxious... etc. She has no redeeming qualities. I'd be keeping her in my pocket if I was seriously thinking about getting to the jury vote.

I'm so glad that Brenda is gone. She was far too cocky. At this point I want Fabio to win. Best of a bad bunch I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JameSeizure

NaOnka has NO chance in hell of winning, but damn, she is entertaining :D

My favourite though would be Holly, she knows this game, and when to be heard and when to shut up and fly under the radar, Holly to win ;)

Agree with everyone about this being a weak cast. Fabio is the only likeable player left for me, but I'm not sure I'd want him to win. I generally prefer to see good players win, rather than the nice guys. Fabio seems just a little too dumb to be a winner. Then again, maybe it really is his strategy.
    Good episode this week though. Really thought Sash was gonna give Brenda the idol. Sash needs to keep his head down in the next episode and just be an extra vote for other players. He has to make it look like he's no threat at all.

The preview for next week was amazing :P
    "Kelly S finally has something to say" haha XD.

They seem to be getting a lot better with these recap episodes. This was almost entirely new footage.

The most interesting reveal for me was the fact that somebody (e.g. Benry) actually has an opinion about Purple Kelly.

Before this episode I'd assumed she both never spoke, and nobody spoke about her.

She might be a bit like Brett from Survivor: Samoa. Sit in the shadows and somehow make it all the way into the top 4. She's rubbish at challenges so I doubt she'll get further than that.

Oddly, for appearing to be the dumbest, Fabio has the best strategy. A strategy I'd adopt if I was ever on the show. This recap revealed that he is actually aware of what strategy he is playing. In his words: "stay cool, stay confident, but not be stupid". He's under the radar as a threat, but people include him when they are forming strategies. The best position to get yourself into.

He's actually my #1 contender for the million. The only person though he can't resist butting heads with is NaOnka. She may very well throw a wrench in his plans, as I imagine NaOnka is going to be carried to the final three.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'd be royally pissed off if I was on that show and the two of them quit like that - I feel bad for the 3 of them who had already been voted out having to sit and watch it.

I hate the quitters. So many people want to play this game, and these idiots get the chance and throw it away. I'd say Marty wanted to kill them. Probst was super pissed too. 11 days from the end, suck it up! They shouldn't be allowed on the jury. This might have worked out well for Sash tho. He's now the swing vote between two allinces of 3. Hope he goes with Fabio, Benry and Dan. For me, the best final 3 now would be Fabio/Sash/Benry with Fabio getting the win.

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed this episode. Jeff was seriously pissed off with the quitters. What a waste. Naonka is even more of a tool than I thought she was. I can't believe that she went on the reward challenge. She has no integrity. I suppose we now know the reason why Purple Kelly hasn't spoken for the whole show. There was no point in giving her airtime.

Advertisement