Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Nicaragua *** Spoilers for TG4 Viewers ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The jurors were SERIOUSLY pissed off.
    The reunion show will be fun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

If they weren't allowed on the jury, then it would have been the classic final two with 7 jurors. I think that would have worked. Keeping people is as much a bold move as eliminating them, and I'd say that there were some people banking on Naonka or Kelly getting to the top and not having a jury vote. The latter is such a wild-card anyway, that there's no knowing how she'll vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

SPOILER ALERT
    HELP HELP absolute survivor addict here,got into it via TG4.Just wondering guys if it is possible to buy box sets of the previous 20 seasons anywhere in Ireland or on line?Everywhere I've checked out eg. Amazon has box sets that are only compatible with US manufactured DVD players!:eek:Any ideas guys?Where do you guys recommend viewing the next series ie. Season 21 Nicaragua?Is CBS available on SKY or via chorus/NTL?Is it available on line guys?[/B]God my addiction is getting out of control!:eek:In the midst of watching season 19 Samoa at present,I found out that Russell does not win it!I think he was robbed,he is without doubt the cleverest,most cunning machievellian manipulator/strategist of all time.Ok he was pretty horrible,back stabbing to many on the jury but I do not buy it that he did play the social game as he carried numerous Foa Foa members/sheep to the end and they were glad to ride on his coat tails including Natalie.Petty jealousy by the jury members and probably his greatest fault a lack of humility/regrets robbed him of the million.
    Selig:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Of course they're available online, just google for them, we're not allowed talk about it here but on a completely unrelated note do you remember that series of Survivor that was filmed in a PIRATE BAY? I think it was Ruperts first appearance.

So jealous that you have 2 whole series of Survivor to binge on when you download them, Im like a crack addict waiting for my fix once a week and then praying the series gets renewed again, best programme ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thargor wrote: »
    Of course they're available online, just google for them, we're not allowed talk about it here but on a completely unrelated note do you remember that series of Survivor that was filmed in a PIRATE BAY? I think it was Ruperts first appearance.

So jealous that you have 2 whole series of Survivor to binge on when you download them, Im like a crack addict waiting for my fix once a week and then praying the series gets renewed again, best programme ever.

Not too sure re your query re pirate bay.I got into it around Season 10,so I've a lot of catching up to do.Thargor do you mind PMing me details re where to purchase /download the various series and watch the next series on line?Can one watch CBS on line?Hope you can help.
    Regards,
    Selig
    P.S. Crack is'nt half as addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Pirate Bay is the clue ya donkey :p

Gimme a minute and Ill type up a pm, I assume you have a decent broadband connection.

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Thanks to having Russell in my news feed on Facebook, the last episode of Survivor was ruined for me as he gave a running dialog of what was happening in the episode as it aired in the states.

The guy is actually a supremo douche so I've blocked his posts. I guess I can relate more to what the survivors had to go through in the previous two seasons. Watching someone being a douche is a lot more enjoyable than reading or listening to a douche in real life.

It's actually hilarious. If anyone makes a negative remark about something hes said he removes their post then removes their ability to comment on his posts. So now all you see under each of his posts are scared fans trying to ingratiate themselves with him. Quite pathetic tbh.

Anyway, yeah. This season is almost a complete write off. There's nobody that stands out as either intelligent or stupid (There's NaOnka, but I don't think she's stupid, just ignorant and selfish) I probably wouldn't of given up me reward either. Why would I? Other than the viewers opinion I'd have nothing to gain by just giving up my reward.

It was foolish of Holly to give up her reward as well. If I was standing there I'd be thinking "right well she has to go, that action right there has probably won her a few jury votes". I suppose it's just in Hollys character to do that, but she shot herself in the foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Haha, I know that feeling. I long for the days when I was first getting into the show and I spent like a year straight watching the first 18 seasons. Sad stuff! Lets hope for 20 more seasons

Haha, I know that feeling. I long for the days when I was first getting into the show and I spent like a year straight watching the first 18 seasons. Sad stuff! Lets hope for 20 more seasons
    Ive done that at different times with The Wire, The Shield, Oz, The West Wing, The Sopranos and Deadwood, happiest weeks of my life, now I have nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I liked this episode. I thought that Chase was a serious idiot to bring Jane on the reward but it worked out for him in the end. Jane's reaction to them killing the chicken was a joke. What did she expect them to do? Care for it until the end and then allow her to bring it home as a pet?

At this point I want Fabio or Holly to win. I hated Holly at the start but I hate the rest of them more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

janeybabe wrote: »
    I liked this episode. I thought that Chase was a serious idiot to bring Jane on the reward but it worked out for him in the end. Jane's reaction to them killing the chicken was a joke. What did she expect them to do? Care for it until the end and then allow her to bring it home as a pet?

At this point I want Fabio or Holly to win. I hated Holly at the start but I hate the rest of them more now.

Jane is aiming to win fan favourite, she doesn't care about winning, it's so obvious. It's really annoying.

Any predictions guys as to who will win?

Before this episode I was set on Fabio, but now I'm not so sure. If Holly makes the final I can see her winning by a good margin. Sash/Dan are no hopers at this stage imo.

I've thought Holly for a while now.

Tbh, I don't get how all the contestants are saying that they don't want to go up against Jane. While there are of course better people to be in the final with, I wouldn't perceive Jane as a thread in regard to Jury votes.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Jane's reaction to them killing the chicken was a joke.

Yeah it did seem a little obtuse. I mean earlier in the season shes sitting on the beach cackling away to herself as she guts a load of fish. Dancing with joy everytime she gets to catch and kill another one.

Then she's crying over a chicken? WTF?

If there's one thing survivor has shown. Neither the audience or the jury are sympathetic to tears. Crying is almost as sure a guarantee that you will lose as backstabbing your alliance.

I don't know who to expect in the final. This whole season has been a snafu. There's nobody I really care to win at this point.

Aard wrote: »
    Tbh, I don't get how all the contestants are saying that they don't want to go up against Jane. While there are of course better people to be in the final with, I wouldn't perceive Jane as a thread in regard to Jury votes.

For some reason it hasn't been aired in the show. But Janes husband died of cancer just over a year ago from the date that this season started filming. Supposedly, from interviews with the contestants who are now back in the US, Jane had been playing up this tragedy in a big way since they set foot in camp. Letting everyone know about her hard upbringing and the recent death of her husband.

Marty, in an interview, paraphrased her politicking as: "My husband just died. I need the money. Please don't vote me off."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Uh oh.. I posted in the wrong thread didnt i bahahaha

I'm fearing that Jane or Chase will win. Holly I think is in with a good shout of getting votes. I think she'll get Naonka and Purple Kelly's votes for sure. Really hoping Fabio wins. If Dan wins, thats it, Survivor will officially be ruined. Sash has a chance if he can make it to the final 3. Don't think he will though. Chase is too much of a pussy to keep his word and upset his Survivor mommies Jane and Holly. God I really hate Chase.
    Wonder where Survivor 22 is going to be. I've seen a few rumours around, but you can't be sure of anything until it's announced.

If Dan wins, thats it, Survivor will officially be ruined.

Survivor has been in its death throes for quite a while now. Colby hinted at it last season. Due to budget restraints they are now filming two seasons back to back in the same location and the access the survivors have to the surrounding environment is severely limited (which Colby said was a real contrast to how much freedom they where given in the early seasons)

I've noticed that this season there has been hardly any water challenges (has there been any actually, apart from the pool that Fabio p!ssed in) I'm thinking this may be due to insurance reasons.

After this abysmal season I've a feeling we are going to be in for the final blowout season next year.

My bet... the specialty season next year will bring back those injured early in their seasons who never got to complete them due to getting medically evacuated.

Is that true about them filming back to back in the same location?

I agree with you that this series is a bit dull but totally disagree that Survivor is dying, you need to reread the threads for the last couple of seasons if you can find them, the back stabbing, the hidden immuniy idols, Russell, the freakouts, loads of other stuff I cant even remember but was jawdropping at the time, Survivors been getting better and better all along, this season is just a little dip, and its still extremely entertaining compared to some things that need to be dragged out and shot like The Simpsons, the producers will be reading the critisism on the Survivor boards and will be making adjustments to get it back on track

Survivor still has plenty of mileage in it, they do need to bring the quality level of the challenges and rewards back up though, I agree with that. I think a major problem is the energy levels of the current crop, they suck, they lie around like refugees all day and people like Dan get to continue in the game because of it, it needs more alpha personalities to clash with each other.

• Advertisement

Yeah both S21 and 22 were filmed back to back in Nicaragua, all the seasons for the forseeable future will be apparently.

I think a major problem is the energy levels of the current crop, they suck, they lie around like refugees all day and people like Dan get to continue in the game because of it, it needs more alpha personalities to clash with each other.

Well season 21 was questioned originally whether or not it would be going ahead or not. They solved the budget problems by filming s21 and s22 in the same location (this will be the format from now on). They've also further restricted how much access the survivors have for insurance reasons I guess.

My point is that it is becoming "I'm a celebrity" and less the original "Survivor". The reason we see the survivors just lazing around camp is because they aren't allowed to travel too far away from the camp. They have to stay in a certain zone designated for them.

This in itself takes a lot away from the show for me. We don't see the survivors exploring the coastline, paddling canoes between islands... etc. They have to sit in camp and vegetate between challenges. Colby said he was bored most of the time which affected his energy levels. In his previous season he was allowed to just explore the area and cliff dive off rocks while fishing with spears. None of that was allowed in the Heroes vs Villains season.

The challenges this season have been really lack luster and so have the rewards for that matter, and even with the dramatically edited footage around camp you can tell the majority of them are just bored.

They need to start getting intelligent people in. Devious players who will forge and break alliances, back-stab and blindside. Social players are good too (think Parvati). The worst are the emotional ones. Basically Jane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Blocking half the screen as I write this, but when will it be on TG4? Samoa's wrapping up in the next 2 weeks.

After Samoa, there's Heroes VS Villains. Then Nicaragua.

Heroes VS Villains is a very good series.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Survivor has been in its death throes for quite a while now. Colby hinted at it last season. Due to budget restraints they are now filming two seasons back to back in the same location and the access the survivors have to the surrounding environment is severely limited (which Colby said was a real contrast to how much freedom they where given in the early seasons)

I've noticed that this season there has been hardly any water challenges (has there been any actually, apart from the pool that Fabio p!ssed in) I'm thinking this may be due to insurance reasons.

After this abysmal season I've a feeling we are going to be in for the final blowout season next year.

My bet... the specialty season next year will bring back those injured early in their seasons who never got to complete them due to getting medically evacuated.

I wouldn't agree with that really. Samoa and HvV were terrific seasons. I think they've just had a bad year. It happens. (Thailand, Fiji, etc.) The good thing about Survivor is as long as they can find good players, the game will still be great. As for a lack of water challenges, its all down to the location. No suitable lakes, or ocean access nearby. Guatamala was the same. I think the show is renewed through to Season 24, but Probst is only signed up for S22. I hope he stays on. It wouldn't be the same without him.

PJTierney wrote: »
    Blocking half the screen as I write this, but when will it be on TG4? Samoa's wrapping up in the next 2 weeks.

TG4 is one year behind the US. Heroes v Villains will be on in about 6 months, with Nicaragua on next year.

Yay Fabio!

In other news, I'm consistently disappointed by the lack of bickering/bitching/backstabbing in the Final Tribal Council's jury-questions. The only good one was Chase calling Marty dumber than a sack of hammers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

very, very, very unsure about this "redemption" thing for next season. I hated the Season 7 outcast twist, this seems even worse.

Advertisement