Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool

Options
  • 10-08-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

According to a website, the pool is open only for the following hours to the general public...Is this right - it seems hardly open at all...

Monday - Thursday 17.00 to 18.00
    Friday 07.00 to 10.00 & 19.00 to 22.00
    Saturday & Sunday 13.00 - 18.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

i used to go swimming there most mornings from around 8 to 9....didnt know they had changed it :confused:

i know they do alot of lifeguarding courses etc so maybe its a summer thing.

best thing to do is call in to them and ask, and they used to have a print out of the activities timetable for each week there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Which swimming pool the one in graugiecullen i persume:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Why is there multiple?
    http://www.fundays.ie/details.asp?FunEvent=-85381341

Thats the link i originally used. I'm not familiar with carlow moving down to work in that new merck plant in 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

during "office hours" there is a lot of time booked up with class's, schools etc. Well maybe not the schools during the summer but yeno what I mean... Every week there is a timetable for the following week on the desk where you pay. handly to take one each time. If you dont have one by sat i'll scan up next weeks 4 ya

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Cheers mate,
    I'm not starting until monday week but that would be great to get an idea of what days I could go and figure out the costs...

• Advertisement

Normally its open to everyone at 7 in the morning until 9 in the morning. schools take over then until 4/5pmand then open to the public again... I think however there is a few areobics class's mixed in with lessons closer to the 9pm mark.....

Costs 5euro per adult and 3.5euro per child..

Opens at 11 am to the public at weekends

if you swim oven your prob better off joing one the gyms around town with a pool. Sevens oaks and the talbot hotel gyms both have them..not sur eof the prices to join however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Depends on what your looking for in a pool. It is handy for Carlow but only 1 family changing room for the whole pool which can be messy. The best thing to do for opening times is call their number and it gives a weekly public timetable which is a lot more than the fundays website says.

I've used this pool quite a lot but I have recently started using the watershed in Kilkenny www.thewatershed.ie/index.html
    It's a great spot and has a hundred times more on offer for more or less similar money. When the new motorway is complete it will be no distance to kilkenny.
    I know this is silly but there is one particular lifeguard in the pool in Graigecullen which has caused me to stop going. I find her nasty and rude and it has just put me off. Aswell as that they constantly are cleaning the public seating area which I just cannot understand. Everytime I have been there at any day or time they seem to be powerwashing the place.

+1 to the watershed, I work just accorss the road from it and it is a great spot but on a practical note I wouldnt drive from carlow to kilkenny even with a motorway just to gfo for a swim before or after a days work. Maybe at the weekend but definately not during the week. Its just too far for the to save a euro! cost you more in petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

sharky86 wrote: »
    +1 to the watershed, I work just accorss the road from it and it is a great spot but on a practical note I wouldnt drive from carlow to kilkenny even with a motorway just to gfo for a swim before or after a days work. Maybe at the weekend but definately not during the week. Its just too far for the to save a euro! cost you more in petrol

It ain't the money at all. It's just overall just such a much much nicer set-up. It's not that far is it? I can be in Kilkenny from my house in 35 mins, Graige pool takes at least 15-20 mins.

True it is a much better set up. Honestly I would prob just join the talbot or seven oaks if I was oing 2 -3 times a week however. Seven oaks pool is very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

The pool in Graiguecullen is great. I go to lessons twice a week, and pop down a couple of times during the week for a swim and sauna/steam room :D

The opening hours are really good. 7am-10pm mon-fri and 10am-6pm weekends, alot of the day sessions are tak up with schools but is brill at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

How busy does it these days?
    Would you have enough space to do a few lengths or have to go widthways?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Ms Happy wrote: »
    The pool in Graiguecullen is great. I go to lessons twice a week

Hi Ms Happy

You mention you go to lessons there, is that swimming lessons, I ask as my wife is currently interested in getting some lessons and Graigue pool might suit her.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi Ms Happy

You mention you go to lessons there, is that swimming lessons, I ask as my wife is currently interested in getting some lessons and Graigue pool might suit her.

Hi Tommy,

I go to lessons in Graiguecullen twice a week, Tuesday and Thursday nights at 10pm. There are 2 instructors who look after both beginners and more advanced swimmers. They've gotten me from not being able to put my head under the water to doing near lengts of the pool in about 2 months!! It's €6.00 per lesson.

If you want any other info feel free you send me a PM :D

Advertisement