Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane Crash in Alaska

Options
  • 10-08-2010 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Just saw this on CNN

-- Ex-NASA head Sean O'Keefe was on plane that crashed in Alaska, a colleague says. No word on his fate.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

• Registered Users Posts: 30,213 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Says now at least 5 out of 9 dead

Also read that O'Keefe son might have also been on the plane

http://www.nasawatch.com/archives/2010/08/fatal-plane-cra.html
    Keith's 1:20 PM EDT: I have confirmed that former NASA Administrator Sean O'Keefe was aboard the plane with one of his two sons. In addition, I am told by reliable sources that two of Sen. Stevens' friends where on also board - one accompanied by his son, the other by his daughter. Bad weather and the remote location of the crash site are hampering efforts. In addition, local sunrise was at 6:41 AM local time (10:41 am EDT). I am told that a rescue helicopter as taken two of the most seriously injured survivors out for treatment while the other two with lesser injuries remained behind for the time being. I am awaiting further updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,213 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

another update
    Keith's 2:22 PM EDT update: According to a family source both Sean O'Keefe and his son Jonathan than survived the plane crash but they are both rather banged up.

http://nasawatch.com/archives/2010/08/sean-okeefe-and.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Good news!!:) Sean O'Keefe was always a supporter of manned flight and still is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

2nd plane crash he's been involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Sean O Keeffe (So my mother tells me)is a distant relation of mine, His roots are from fermoy Co. Cork. :)

Advertisement