Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD Digital Camcorder

• 10-08-2010 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I was wondering if this camcorder in Lidl is any good?
    Would any of you know where to get a decent one for cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Storage media: SD/SDHC memory card up to max. 8GB

I'd be concerned about that tbh...especially if you are recording media at the maximum resolution of the cam (1440 x 1080), as it'll fill quite rapidly. A better bet would be to try and find a cam that has an internal HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

With a max capacity of up to 8GB don't be expecting much footage, not to mention when recording in Full HD, you would want a class 10 SD Card, otherwise you could run into problems with it writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Thanks guys, I knew there had to be a drawback. I'll have a surf about for a HDD type one. I have an old DV camera, it's pritty good but I like the quick transfer of the newer cameras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Bodhan wrote: »
    Thanks guys, I knew there had to be a drawback. I'll have a surf about for a HDD type one. I have an old DV camera, it's pritty good but I like the quick transfer of the newer cameras

Be careful what you choose. AVCHD serious chomps at your computer's capabilities.:) Would you consider tape?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Bodhan

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Be careful what you choose. AVCHD serious chomps at your computer's capabilities.:) Would you consider tape?

I'd consider anything, I need something with decent sound that's handy to use. Preferably small enough to be attached to a car windscreen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Bodhan wrote: »
    I'd consider anything, I need something with decent sound that's handy to use. Preferably small enough to be attached to a car windscreen.

Have you seen the Key Fob remote/camcorders in the "Bargains Alert" section on Boards? I bought a couple of them a few months ago and picture and sound quality are surprisingly good (considering the cam only cost ~€10!). I've one mounted under the rear view mirror of my car to record journeys.

Advertisement