Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with PS?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭

I'm very new to using PhotoShop, I'm using Adobe Elements 7.0.

I was just wondering how to add a photo into a design that you've made?
    I'm having a lash at making sigs and stuff, 300x100 and I have a picture of a footballer that I try to add into the design, so I crop his head and it shows up grand in the place where it shows all the designs you have open.

Then when I have the sig I'm working on open I try to drag the cropped image onto it, but it shows up the same size as the thumbnail, which is tiny, and a lot smaller than the original picture.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

In photoshop I would just highlight and copy the desired area and paste it in as a new layer on top of the design.
    Are you sure you're pixels in the design are correct? If the design is, like you say, 100px high then there's no way the image would be that much smaller when placed in it.
    After you place the image of the player over the design what happens when you press CTRL+T? (transform tool) You should be able to use this to resize the player if for some reason its showing up smaller than it should be.
    To me it sounds like your design is more than 300x100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Yayyy, thanks Essien.:D

Advertisement