Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookmakers Bitch/Moan/Groan thread - See mod warning Post 1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Hacked and taken for 1470, researched it and it seems it's something that's happened to a few poker players. Someone logs in and loses all the money to somebody they know. I don't even play poker with paddy powers nevermind for stakes like that, might have to handcuff myself to head office or something to try get it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

NickMondo wrote: »
    Hacked and taken for 1470, researched it and it seems it's something that's happened to a few poker players. Someone logs in and loses all the money to somebody they know. I don't even play poker with paddy powers nevermind for stakes like that, might have to handcuff myself to head office or something to try get it back

Was it your PP account that was hacked yeh? Have you proof its been hacked?

how do you prove something like that? they said they are investigating the issue, I went to log in and my password had been changed, I reset it logged in and that account had been emptied, 400e on a basketball game then the rest lost playing poker, which I'm guessing was to somebody the new hu. I don't play poker on pp.com haven't for years I don't even know my poker username so can't check the poker databases to see how and who it was lost to

NickMondo wrote: »
    how do you prove something like that? they said they are investigating the issue, I went to log in and my password had been changed, I reset it logged in and that account had been emptied, 400e on a basketball game then the rest lost playing poker, which I'm guessing was to somebody the new hu. I don't play poker on pp.com haven't for years I don't even know my poker username so can't check the poker databases to see how and who it was lost to

Hopefully a I.P search works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Paddy Power customer service is atrocious. Spent half the day and now half the night ringing them to sort out the promotion I was offered and still haven't gotten it. This is what I had to endure over a freaking twenty euro free bet offer.

1 - I saw a promotion on facebook where if you sign up to powers and bet 10 euro, you get 20 euro in free bets. I tried to sign up online but the registration form would not load, so I rang customer service to sign up.

2- Was on hold for over twenty minutes only to be told I had to go through dialabet to register. Asked the agent if I could still avail of the same offer by signing up over the phone and deposting 10 euro in cash in the shop. Was told yes no problem, he passed me through to dialabet. They took my details. I asked again would the offer still be given, he checked, first he said no, then he said yes. Neither agent said that the ten euro had to be bet in one go, for the twenty free bet to be given.

3 - Went to the shop and deposited the ten euro. Went home and rang up to get my online password. Placed two five euro bets on racing. They lost. Wanted to use my 20 euro free bet then but it was not showing up.

4-Rang up dialabet to see why I didn't have the free bets. Was told it was because I had to use the ten euro in one bet.I explained I was never advised of this and the agent said that's no problem we'll still give you the offer and I'll put the free bet on your acct. Said thanks, hung up.

5-Free bet never showed up on my acct so rang dialabet again was told by a different agent that he would put the free bet on my account. Still, the bet never showed up.

6-Rang customer support and again this led to me being on hold for twenty minutes. When I got through the agent said that since the account was opened over the phone the free bet had to be done over the phone. Out of the four agents I had already spoken to before this, none had advised me of this. So the agent offered to pass me through to dialabet to use the freebet, but he also said that the free bet of 20 euro had to be in one bet, which was different to what the offer said online, which was to be four five euro bets. But at this point I didn't care, as by now the Grand National was over, so just wanted to get and use what I had been offered to sign up. So I was going to place a bet on an NCAA basketball Final Four match that night.

7-The dialabet agent didn't seem to even know what basketball was at all, but eventually she found the event I was looking for and took the 20 euro free bet on NCAA basketball on Connecticut +6.5 at 20/21 vs Florida.

8-Later that night, the bet wins. but I can see that my balance online is still 0, so I ring up dialabet to see can I get the bet settled as another match is starting and I want to bet on it with the approx 19 euro I should have available now. The agent tells me there is no record of my 20 euro free bet. Says that the bet may have been placed manually, written out by hand, but he can't see it on his system. Like what the actual fugg? Ridiculous.

Funny how my original ten euro deposit that I bet and lost on, those bets were recorded. But the twenty euro free bet that I was finally given after much hassle, which won, was never recorded. They didn't misplace the two losing bets, just the one winner. It's hard enough to pick winners without the ones you do pick disappearing into thin air. They said they are going to try and find the call but that's no good to me now when I'm unable to use the funds to bet on the next match, and who knows if they'll find it at all.

I can live without the twenty quid, and at least now I know to steer clear of them before depositing or betting large amounts and getting burned worse. Still, it makes no sense for them to be so incompetent or dodgy. I'm a regular year round punter but that tenner will be the last deposit I ever make with them, never had issues like this before with other bookies in over ten years of betting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Boyles had a shop special up today.

Wednesday Not To Win Treble

Bayern Munich, Evian Thonon & Toulouse ALL To Lose tonight.

11/10.

That's exactly how they displayed it on screen.

Real Madrid to win is 6/4, PSG were 1/5 and Lyon were 6/4 so a Treble on those 3 teams to win (Opposite of the opposition all to lose) is 13/2.
    What a complete and utter **** take :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭dobman88

So stop going to Boyles and bet elsewhere!

What about the other 50,000 (or whatever number it is) punters that go in every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

This is getting a bit tiresome at this stage ffs if you don't like the odds offered don't bet, and there is a sticky for this sort of moaning rather than starting a new thread every fcukin day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

It was a "not to win" treble - in each of those matches the draw was yours i.e you didn't need Real Madrid etc to win, just Bayern Munich not to win. That explains the short price; whether it was actually good "value" or not is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

It does state 'All to Lose' on the in-store offer screen in the image attached in post #218

It does state 'All to Lose' on the in-store offer screen in the image attached in post

That was the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

okidoki987 wrote: »
    That was the point.

Yes, I was saying that in support of your claim!

Yeah, reply wasn't back for you.
    Sorry.

Boyles today.
    Enhanced Win Double 11/4, Barthel WTA v Beck & Holland U17 v England U17 European Champs Final.
    Was told to back Holland so thought would take the enhanced odds.
    Looked to see what it was enhanced from and Barthel was 4/5 and
    Holland U17 were 11/10 in the ordinary market.
    This meant the double at the ordinary prices was bigger at 2.78 (not much but still bigger).
    Strolled up to the counter to ask if it should have been 3/1 and was told
    "nope, HQ do that all the time and that's the price of it".
    Can't understand why they advertise it as an "Enhanced" Double
    if it's bigger backing it at the ordinary prices?

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Boyles today.
    Enhanced Win Double 11/4, Barthel WTA v Beck & Holland U17 v England U17 European Champs Final.
    Was told to back Holland so thought would take the enhanced odds.
    Looked to see what it was enhanced from and Barthel was 4/5 and
    Holland U17 were 11/10 in the ordinary market.
    This meant the double at the ordinary prices was bigger at 2.78 (not much but still bigger).
    Strolled up to the counter to ask if it should have been 3/1 and was told
    "nope, HQ do that all the time and that's the price of it".
    Can't understand why they advertise it as an "Enhanced" Double
    if it's bigger backing it at the ordinary prices?

You have awful luck :P

I wrote to boyle's looking for a price on a fight tonight, they got back to me with 1/5, i asked if i deposited x amount of money online could i get it on, they said i could have a fiver on it.......

Powers don't price up fights for me anymore, they have stopped covering friday night fights, I don't think much of their boxing trader, when mickey bey fought on the mayweather undercard he opened at 4/7 and went off at 1/7

Assume it's not on Betfair and that's why they didn't quote prices on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Saw this promotion on PP:

220x200_match_ends.jpg

Offer applies to 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast markets only.

Threw a scorecast on.

Lost the bet, eventually there's a 0-0 draw in the group stages and I patiently await my free bet, which never comes.

I talked to their online support and was told that I'm not eligible for a free bet seeing as the game I bet on was not a 0-0 draw. I pointed out that the offer says "any" group game, not specifically the one you bet on, but was told that there is no way they'd pay out free bets for a game you didn't bet on (no mention of this in T&C's by the way).

Was I wrong to think that "Money back as a free bet if any group stage match ends 0-0" meant you got a free bet if any group game - not just the one you bet on- was a 0-0 draw? Does anyone think this ad is completely misleading or am I being stupid here?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I always interpreted it as if you bet a 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast bet on a match, you get a free bet if that match finishes 0-0. Otherwise they'd be throwing out free bets left right and center

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Coral are a shower of cnuts to deal with.

Trying to get verified to withdraw your money is next to impossible.

Stay away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Standman wrote: »
    Saw this promotion on PP:

220x200_match_ends.jpg

Offer applies to 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast markets only.

Threw a scorecast on.

Lost the bet, eventually there's a 0-0 draw in the group stages and I patiently await my free bet, which never comes.

I talked to their online support and was told that I'm not eligible for a free bet seeing as the game I bet on was not a 0-0 draw. I pointed out that the offer says "any" group game, not specifically the one you bet on, but was told that there is no way they'd pay out free bets for a game you didn't bet on (no mention of this in T&C's by the way).

Was I wrong to think that "Money back as a free bet if any group stage match ends 0-0" meant you got a free bet if any group game - not just the one you bet on- was a 0-0 draw? Does anyone think this ad is completely misleading or am I being stupid here?

You're being stupid, I'm afraid.

Dunno how you could possibly have thought they would refund all the possible bets mentioned from all punters if ANY match out of the group stages finished in a 0-0 draw. They would have to pay out all the winners and refund all the losers on bets that are very popular and have good odds and lose a fortune.

The offer was clearly to give a break to those who made bets that, for the most part, were reliant on at least one team scoring, ie: you bet on 1st goalscorer in a matcg but there are no goals scored at all so they give you another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭curehead

we had a similar offer (bar one) whereby if you're nominated first goalscorer scores the second we will double the odds, you wouldn't believe the amount of people in the next day saying you never paid me double because messi suarez or whoever ' scored twice (takes deep breath and 5 minutes to explain why they didn't get the double zzzzzzzzz)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

sligoface wrote: »
    Dunno how you could possibly have thought they would refund all the possible bets mentioned from all punters if ANY match out of the group stages finished in a 0-0 draw.

Is it really so unbelievable to think that the word "any" actually means "any"?

Admittedly I am a novice gambler so took what it said at face value & wasn't aware that I had to take into account what costs they would have on their end to pay off this promotion as I thought it existed.

I accept that it was my mistake now though, chalk it down to experience and no big deal. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Into Ladbrokes today to collect an e/way on Shane Lowry in the Scottish open paying 6 places only small money €15e/w but the girl in the shop was trying to pay me out €50. After explaining to her a number of times that the figure should be 150 odd (15@50/4/4*3) she said she would ring head office, did that, guy on phone gets it wrong too and she comes back says €50 again. This took about 10 minutes, again I explained it to her that they are paying seven instead of 6, 4 tied on 4th so therefore a quarter is taken off to balance she just couldnt comprehend it. Had to leave, unpaid and going back this evening when the manager is there. I have to say I am dumbfounded at how someone who works in a betting office could not understand this. It must happen alot in golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Shocking. Figures suggest they are trying to give you a 1/4 of your stake to the the odds instead of 3/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Healio wrote: »
    Shocking. Figures suggest they are trying to give you a 1/4 of your stake to the the odds instead of 3/4.

Yup .. I just dont understand the incompetence. I would understand one person maybe she was new or something but head office as well! Insane!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

That sounds like there was only 4 places - Gallagher, Hatton, Lowry & Manassero tied 4th would be 1/4 of your stake? wasnt in running was it? If not 3/4 stake is spot on.

Advertisement