Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to athlone for 10 weeks on a budget.

Options
  • 10-08-2010 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I'm going onto my next phase of FAS in Athlone I.T on the 20th of September. Problem is I need to save as much of the money i can get from that to get me to Canada in January. Anybody know of free or cheap things to do in the evenings? Or even a good place to meet people. I do muay thai so any form of martial art would be good. I know other lads on my course but as far as i know I'm the only one staying there during the week so my evenings will be a bit boring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

loads of sports clubs, rugby, soccer, basketball. Loads of societies in the college. There may even be a karate club. I know a friend of mine use to do karate out there wjen he was in collge but that was a few years ago at this stage. Also there is a running track.

College rugby training is on monday nights. great bunch of lads, and all levels catered for once the college season gets up and running. even if ya can't commit for teh year i am sure they would be happy to have ya around for however long your there.

And you never know, athlone is a great town, you may never want to leave it!
    AIT also has a really cheap gym you can use.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dioza wrote: »
    I do muay thai so any form of martial art would be good. .

Friday - Saurday nights outside Supermacs.. You will get as much of it as you want.

Special weapons you need to be aware of are "Glass Bottles" and "Body odur"

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

snyper wrote: »
    Special weapons you need to be aware of are "Glass Bottles" and "Body odur"

Knifes, handbags and the occasional barstool might also come in handy

Advertisement