Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheat field required for a photo shoot

Options
  • 10-08-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am on the Oranmore side of the city and wandered if anyone knew of any wheat fields (or similar type of crops) near to me to do a shoot with a bride and groom

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Hi everyone,

I am on the Oranmore side of the city and wandered if anyone knew of any wheat fields (or similar type of crops) near to me to do a shoot with a bride and groom

Thanks
    I haven't seen much of that kind of crop this year, didn't they fail for the last few years, farmers don't seem to be taking the risk this year. Try the bogs, they often have uncontrolled areas that are very over grown. Wouldn't look as uniform as a farmed field though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Hi Mike
    Only tilleage crops I've seen anywhere near Galway are between Claregalway and Corofin, on RHS as you're driving up the N17 towards Tuam, or the maize field out the road from Oranmore on the old Dublin road heading towards Craughwell, but maize would probably be a bit too high for the shots you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Can you photoshop?

I read the title as using a gun to shoot rather than a camera and then skimmed the OP and saw bride and groom and got a bit confused.

Time to go home I think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There's one on the way down to the Luimnagh Waterworks in Corrandulla on the Headford road, it's actually a lovely field too, it slopes away and is surrounded by tall trees and hedgerows.

It's out of your way a bit though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

ScumLord wrote: »
    Can you photoshop?

Most defo not!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    There's one on the way down to the Luimnagh Waterworks in Corrandulla on the Headford road, it's actually a lovely field too, it slopes away and is surrounded by tall trees and hedgerows.

It's out of your way a bit though.

You're the 2nd person to tell me about that. Might have to head there if all other locations planned are no good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

There are still quite a few barley growers in the Claregalway area.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭yeehaw

Zzippy wrote: »
    Hi Mike
    Only tilleage crops I've seen anywhere near Galway are between Claregalway and Corofin, on RHS as you're driving up the N17 towards Tuam, or the maize field out the road from Oranmore on the old Dublin road heading towards Craughwell, but maize would probably be a bit too high for the shots you're looking for.

Those are Liam/Ollie Furey's. No need to go that far I should think. Claregalway your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

There is one in Oranmore; PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

FUtoo wrote: »
    There is one in Oranmore; PM me for details.

PM sent :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement