Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel piano

Options
  • 10-08-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

So over the Summer I have gotten together with a friend of mine to learn a few songs with the overall aim of getting in to the hotel circuit. She sings, I play piano and we have a decent enough repetoire at this stage; old classics, easy listening and a few modern covers.

The thing is, we're finding it notoriously difficult to even get much of a response from anywhere despite getting in touch with pretty much any hotel with a piano in the city. Well aware of the current situation with jobs but even ust as something to try once a week for the experience and nothing else would be incredible. What do you think we should do? Branch out to restaurants and bars maybe and see if there's interest?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nadia4

Dr Gradus wrote: »
    So over the Summer I have gotten together with a friend of mine to learn a few songs with the overall aim of getting in to the hotel circuit. She sings, I play piano and we have a decent enough repetoire at this stage; old classics, easy listening and a few modern covers.

The thing is, we're finding it notoriously difficult to even get much of a response from anywhere despite getting in touch with pretty much any hotel with a piano in the city. Well aware of the current situation with jobs but even ust as something to try once a week for the experience and nothing else would be incredible. What do you think we should do? Branch out to restaurants and bars maybe and see if there's interest?

I have been a restaurant pianist for the two past summer seasons, i think the most important think is getting yourselves known out there. Any experience will be great at the start, to get other hotels's/businesses aware. You should also try the wedding scenes, for receptions etc. Try the restaurants and bars around the place as well. any experience you earn will stand to ye, even if the money is terrible at the start it will be valuable experience. :) hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Dr Gradus

That does help a lot thank you, have been doing wedding receptions for a while now though! Also a few funerals and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

What about golf clubs? A lot of them about.

Advertisement