Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Honda Accord

• 10-08-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭

Are these priced competitively? For example, Type S diesel at €37000

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭pajo1981

Are these priced competitively? For example, Type S diesel at €37000

I was told recently by honda dealer that honda are trying to push the brand upmarket and are keeping their prices high accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

After EX Works charges and motortax and insurance, it would be touching 40k. Price a tad to high for a Honda saloon car!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

jock101 wrote: »
    After EX Works charges and motortax and insurance, it would be touching 40k. Price a tad to high for a Honda saloon car!:rolleyes:

But worth every cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Excellent car, sh!t pricing. Also sh!t seat in the Type S.
    40k for the Executive is too much. 5-Series is 42,600, and in a year or two which do you think you'll get more for on a trade in?
    Nope, Honda screwed up with the pricing, hence feck all Accords on the roads. Same with Subaru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

200motels wrote: »
    But worth every cent.

For a FWD car, 20-27k max! If you want a saloon. Just get a Passat, Avensis or Mondeo! Save yourself 13k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    40k for the Executive is too much. 5-Series is 42,600, and in a year or two which do you think you'll get more for on a trade in?

Would this not make the Accord a decent second-hand buy, dropping in value from new more than it's competitors? I'm really tempted by the 2.2L Diesel Executive maybe 2 or 3 years old, nice car.

Would this not make the Accord a decent second-hand buy, dropping in value from new more than it's competitors? I'm really tempted by the 2.2L Diesel Executive maybe 2 or 3 years old, nice car.
    Absolutely. I'm waiting till they drop into my price range too, which might be a while, seeing as there's so few sold because they're so dear in the first place.
    However I will say that it's a better value car than an A4, 3-Series or IS220d, as they're all over priced, especially since an Auto 320d SE is actually dearer than an auto 520d!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

i really love these cars but they are way overpriced , if Honda want to compete with Bmw and Mercedes they should start selling their Acura range ( Acura is to Honda what Lexus is to Toyota ) they are stunning cars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The Accord is priced alongside the Pasat/Mondeo/Insignia in the Uk.

For the same money you could have a 2.0TDi 143bhp SE A4 with a few bells and whistles, or even a Passat CC. I know which one I'd be having.

Or better still, an Insignia Elite 160bhp in Pomogranate Red with Beige interior, with a plus pack, and still save over 3k. Mmm. ;)

The Accord is priced alongside the Pasat/Mondeo/Insignia in the Uk.

For the same money you could have a 2.0TDi 143bhp SE A4 with a few bells and whistles, or even a Passat CC. I know which one I'd be having.

Or better still, an Insignia Elite 160bhp in Pomogranate Red with Beige interior, with a plus pack, and still save over 3k. Mmm. ;)
    An A4 isn't a patch on an Accord.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    An A4 isn't a patch on an Accord.
    In terms of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Bonito wrote: »
    In terms of?
    T1000 is right in fairness. The Accord is a much finer car than the A4.

Advertisement