Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Jersey 2010

• 10-08-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I was just wondering if anyone else though the Boards.ie jersey was a bit girly looking???

What were the other options available before this one was selected. It could have been an idea to have a choice when ordering as not everyone would have like the colours / design of the one picked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ouhhhhhhhh controversal. There was an enormous discussion, decision process with graphics, design ideas, which was open to everyone btw, polls for voting and such like.

Sometimes you just can't please everyone!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Real men have no problem wearing pink :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

How about you design your own and pay the new design fee to carvalho to have the it made up...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

What's girly looking about it?

There was an extensive discussion and a poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Kenneth111 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone else though the Boards.ie jersey was a bit girly looking???

What were the other options available before this one was selected. It could have been an idea to have a choice when ordering as not everyone would have like the colours / design of the one picked.
    There were loads of options, this was the one that was chosen. That's democracy for ya, never works....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Everyone voted and those who ordered knew what they were getting themselves in for. Those who didn't like it didn't buy it or got the previous version.

There isn't anything girly about it either unless you're a woman wearing it ...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

TBH, I thought it was a bit Rapha looking in the design but when you see them up close they are really nice and fair play to Daragh for an excellent design and Cramcycle for organising the order and distribution.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kenneth111

Looks like i touched a raw nerve with a few people. i'm only on the site a short while but i was just expressing my own views on it.

Looks like i touched a raw nerve with a few people.
    Actually I don't think so at all. I am just trying to figure out why you felt the need to openly question the girlyness of the kit. I find it sightly weird.
    This is not a club kit you Must wear if you enter a race, it's a kit everyone like the look of... otherwise they wouldn't wear it obvioulsy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, I ordered the old one, IMO its far nicer, and there's no pink to be seen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It might be an idea if you put up all the possible designs that might be OK and get everyone to PM or mail you with their:
    • different sizes
    • design choices (old/new/wollen etc)
    • special sizing
    • addresses for delivery if Dublin isn't convenient
    • whether they long or short sleeve for different jerseys
    • whether they want full zip or long zip
    • whether they want it personalised with their boards name
    • whether they want it personalised front/back/both
    • dislike for the behaviour of Triathletes
    From what I've heard there shouldn't be more than 30 jerseys in any on order so it shouldn't be to difficult, a day tops to sort out delivery/collection etc.

As well as this you make alot of new friends from what TinyExplosions tells me with little or no effort at all, considering it myself at one stage
    Macros42 wrote: »
    Real men have no problem wearing pink :p

Damn straight, so long as it's a manly pink.

joker77 wrote: »
    There were loads of options, this was the one that was chosen. That's democracy for ya, never works....

Fair enough, but look what happens when Democracy fails:

olympics1611_428x313_to_468x312.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Kenneth111

As i said i'm only new to boards.ie and probably should have worded it differently.

I should have asked what other designs were voted on (didn't know there was a vote taken) and what people thought of the jersey chosen.

In future i will not us the word girly for fear of upsetting anyone.;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I should have asked what other designs were voted on (didn't know there was a vote taken) and what people thought of the jersey chosen.

Here you go. The black jersey was the winner by a country mile.

So Kenneth, you are ordering the kit then? i am sure you'd look great in it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

In future just use the search function

As i said i'm only new to boards.ie and probably should have worded it differently.

Don't worry, the pink issue is something that comes up alot on boards. The truth is though, to be a good cyclist you have to be awesome enough to pull of pink.

Luckily enough for a few of us on the 410 forum that Daragh_s design was so awesome, even us regular joe cyclists could pull it off.

There is a new order going in from Snollup, have a look around for a jersey in real life and I think you'll find that you actually want one. There were quite a few who weren't sure until they seen it in the flesh and it shows how good the design is that so many are jumping on the next bandwagon so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

I haven't seen it yet so looking forward to collecting it this evening!

Cramcycle, will be out about 6.45, will give you a shout when i'm there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

I look fabulous in the new kit.

Who, other than boys under 15 is so deeply paranoid about their orientation that it means they fear a bit of pink? Honestly, you can like or dislike any colour you want, but to wrap it up in some psychosexual hang-up about girly vs. manly, well, the lady doth protest too much, frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

I haven't collected it as yet but I really liked the design also, I don't think it would be as nice and certainly not as readily identifiable without the pink!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

niceonetom wrote: »

Who, other than boys under 15 is so deeply paranoid about their orientation that it means they fear a bit of pink? Honestly, you can like or dislike any colour you want, but to wrap it up in some psychosexual hang-up about girly vs. manly, well, the lady doth protest too much, frankly.

Well said, and I'm sure you do look fabulous Tom.

My only problem as that I lack the essential awesomeness necessary to wear the new kit. If you're not awesome, you just look ridiculous.

It takes a lot of skill, training, speed and bloody brilliant climbing to bring it all together. Anyone who doubts their awesomeness should just stick to replica pro-kit (but people will be secretly laughing at you when you do).

The OP needs to consider the level of awesomeness, and order accordingly.

unionman wrote: »
    My only problem as that I lack the essential awesomeness necessary to wear the new kit. If you're not awesome, you just look ridiculous.

Factually incorrect

The design itself comes with a side order of awesomeness ergo it is impossible to look ridiculous*

*unless you are an RLJ, particularly while wearing the kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

unionman wrote: »
    My only problem as that I lack the essential awesomeness necessary to wear the new kit.

That's because you don't want to stop wearing your Kraftwerk jersey, which I consider the epitome of style and sophistication. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

This new kit is predominantly black.....so what colour socks must one wear with it? black?

Or is there already a sock design I missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

niceonetom wrote: »

The young scallywags who mocked my awesome boardsie pinkness today were obviously protesting too much.

Or maybe they were just shouting "four-ten for the win" in some language I didn't understand.

This new kit is predominantly black.....so what colour socks must one wear with it? black?

Official sock design from niceonetom:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67147925&postcount=411

White shoes and white socks go with everything. Pink socks are acceptable.

Anything else and it's a paddlin.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Any colour socks are acceptable so long as they are white :p

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Lumen wrote: »
    The young scallywags who mocked my awesome boardsie pinkness today were obviously protesting too much.

Or maybe they were just shouting "four-ten for the win" in some language I didn't understand.

"Like what you see?" always works for me.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Pink socks and white shoes? makes me think of miami vice.

Pink socks and white shoes? makes me think of miami vice.

I don't know about you but that just proved to me that ED is treatable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

You should see me in my white-pink stripy shirt, I look like a birthday cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

el tonto wrote: »

Anything else and it's a paddlin.

I am going to have to disagree here. I have white shoes and black shoes.
    I hate black shorts white shoes and socks. Looks wrong. With black shorts I would wear black shoes and socks that match a jersey.
    I have lots of blue shorts and some black shorts with a coloured band above the knee (white or red). Here white socks and white shoes go really well.
    I have pink socks. They look just fine.

ROK ON wrote: »
    I am going to have to disagree here. I have white shoes and black shoes.
    I hate black shorts white shoes and socks. Looks wrong. With black shorts I would wear black shoes and socks that match a jersey.
    I have lots of blue shorts and some black shorts with a coloured band above the knee (white or red). Here white socks and white shoes go really well.
    I have pink socks. They look just fine.

Well at least you're not overthinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,069 ✭✭✭✭neris

damn. missed out on that, could have added to my collection of pink jumpers and shirts. :mad:

• Advertisement

CramCycle wrote: »
    I don't know about you but that just proved to me that ED is treatable
    Whats ED?

Whats ED?

Euro Dysfunction

Lumen wrote: »
    Euro Dysfunction
    aaahhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I very much like the new jersey and am both awesome and comfortable with my sexuality. However, I cannot agree with the white sock thing. They should be banned, although you might get a pass if you're female, eight years old and making your communion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Saw a pair of fizik socks this morning that were black with a big strip of pink down the back of the sock, thought they would go quite well with the jersey. I know they are black but they have a healthy amount of pink so think they wouldn't offend to many people. It was a rider from Usher that was wearing them going up Mespil road this if he happens to be reading he might share where he got them as i can't find them for love or money on the net!

• Advertisement
Advertisement