Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom Baby Flutters / Kicks

Options
  • 10-08-2010 4:37pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For the past few days I've been having what feels identical to the first flutters and kicks of a baby. Now I'm 100% not pregnant nor do I want to be but I keep feeling it. I'd imagine it's some sort of little spasm in the muscle or something, too close to the surface for gas. It's so odd though! Kind of nice too to remember those first kicks.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Oh my god I was getting them a few weeks ago:eek: I thought I was going mad I'm definitely not pregnant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

i got them too after my first, i think they could have always been happening then after being pregnant i was more aware of the feeling. I dunno, but im pregnant again now and getting some mighty digs. Loving it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

yea it's mad I hated all the kicks when I was pregnant but when I look back it felt amazing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I had that it was werid, but usually it's just the womb settling back down and readjusting, mad when you think how it blows up like a ballon over the 9 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭cowhands

Yeah I got them too well being honest I still get them and my daughter is nearly 20 months old.
    Its very weird but makes me smile remembering being pregnant.
    It must be the muscles and bits getting back to normal, although after 20months I would have hope I was some way back to normal?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I was talking to my Mum about it at the weekend and she says she still gets them (26 years since she was last pregnant) and that her mother got them well into old age. It's definitely muscle spasm (possibly abdominal muscles not the womb itself) as I was watching it this morning and you could see my belly hop like when it happens elsewhere in the body. Funny one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If I get flutters, its usually followed by wind :D

I know what you mean tho, I'm sure I still have one in there at times! I even had the same sort of pressure I used to get up under my ribs the other day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Ya I get them too and my youngest is 7. I think you are more aware of these things after you have kids makes me wonder if half the kicks I ever felt were indeed kicks!

Advertisement