Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 8Meg vs Eircom 3Meg

• 10-08-2010 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi..

I live outside Macroom, Co. Cork and my current Broadband speed is 3 Megs.
    I usually get around 2.6 - 2.7 Megs.

I have checked my line on the Eircom Web Site and the best speed I can get is 3Megs - I cant get 7Megs or (wishful thinking) 24Megs

Yet - when I test my line on www.vodafone.ie , it says the line is capable of "upto" 8 Megs.

Am I correct in thinking that the real speed is determined by Eircom and that the Vodafone is really pie-in-the-sky..?

Regards..

Anthony.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

3 is up to 8, but yes, eircom are the ones that let all the other operators know what the line can handle. Vodafone are offering you NGB, which is sold as up to 8Mbps by all operators, though what you get depends on your line. eircom should be able to offer you the same thing, but you probably won't get more than what you get now.

It may also be that eircom simply won't offer you that package since you're guaranteed not to be able to get the speed.

Advertisement