Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Lite

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Just looking for a bit of advice...

I have a pink Samsung Tocco Lite that my mam bought me for Christmas 8 months ago. Over the past week the touchscreen has stopped working. Unfortunetly I don't have a receipt for it and god knows where the box is..

Just wondering is there ANYTHING that can be done before I fork out for a new one!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Bring it in for repair: you only need to hold onto the box for 28 days. I also would never look for a receipt for a repair once its over the 28 days. (I work in a phone shop). Providing its not moisture damaged or physically damaged it will be free too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

cyning wrote: »
    Bring it in for repair: you only need to hold onto the box for 28 days. I also would never look for a receipt for a repair once its over the 28 days. (I work in a phone shop). Providing its not moisture damaged or physically damaged it will be free too :)

Ah! Cheers for that! And thanks for the speedy reply! I'll go down to Meteor tomorrow with it so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

cyning wrote: »

how do they know where it came from ? imei number ??
    i thought a receipt was necessary to prove place of purcvhase and purchase date among other things

not many shops would agree to a free repair of anything near a year old without a receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

they only have to key in the imei number and it tells them weather the fone is in warrenty or not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

antocann wrote: »
    they only have to key in the imei number and it tells them weather the fone is in warrenty or not
    This! Also phones have a two year warranty not one! Tocco Lites aren't on the market two years either :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Warranties are in additional to your statutory rights. You are entitled to expect the phone to last a reasonable period of time (assuming that there is no excessive user wear and tear).

A failing screen within 8 months doesn't sound reasonable to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

dudara wrote: »
    Warranties are in additional to your statutory rights. You are entitled to expect the phone to last a reasonable period of time (assuming that there is no excessive user wear and tear).

A failing screen within 8 months doesn't sound reasonable to me.

it definately doesnt sound reasonable but if i was a vendor id only accept returns on items that were purchased from me

i keep receipts for everything that can malfunction ,even maxtor 1tb external hdd drives that came with a 5 year warranty

almost 2 years later theyre still working 24/7 never been switched off but i know they will fail inside 5 years and il get a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

delllat wrote: »
    it definately doesnt sound reasonable but if i was a vendor id only accept returns on items that were purchased from me

Understandable - but the phone's IMEI number will (should) uniquely identify it as having been sold from that shop.

Advertisement