Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: weather for autunm 2010

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

What do you think the autunm 2010 will be like in Ireland

What do you think the weather will be like in autunm 2010 19 votes

wet and windy with rain totals way above normal
    0%
    Nothing special slightly better than last year
    10%
    hellboy99200motels 2 votes
    wet and windy with rainfall totals normal or slightly below
    47%
    John maclord lucan[Deleted User]djhaxmanrhoninSqueaksoutloudElmo5pauldryWolfeIRE 9 votes
    Boring and bland
    42%
    mike2084up for anythingLirangenacho librejustshanedelwowencfishmahboi 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I think september will be wet, october very dry and warm, and november very wet.

Last autumn was fine, very dry for september and october, but November ( which is technically winter) was horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It'll be the usual mix of Sept mellowness, October cloud, tipping into November mankyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Nothing special,a bit better than last year!

More in hope than expectation tbh.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

There's no option for an Indian Summer, or even sunnier and warmer than normal? C'mon, where's the optimism??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Boring and bland
    Same crap as last year I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Frequent anticyclonic spells as long-range models indicate continued height anomalies over Scandinavia and northwest Russia. I think the pattern may go back to being dry as in May and June. This would mean fairly warm temperatures to early November then alternating spells of mild and frosty cold in November. There might be one or two brief breakdowns to windy conditions with slight rainfalls at times where tropical activity breaks through a rather pervasive sprawling block over Europe.

The Atlantic may revive in late November and into much of the winter. I'm expecting a lot of variation in the winter patterns with a generally milder theme than the past two.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

Boring and bland
    Frequent anticyclonic spells as long-range models indicate continued height anomalies over Scandinavia and northwest Russia. I think the pattern may go back to being dry as in May and June. This would mean fairly warm temperatures to early November then alternating spells of mild and frosty cold in November. There might be one or two brief breakdowns to windy conditions with slight rainfalls at times where tropical activity breaks through a rather pervasive sprawling block over Europe.

The Atlantic may revive in late November and into much of the winter. I'm expecting a lot of variation in the winter patterns with a generally milder theme than the past two.
    Um are we still talking about ireland here?

justshane wrote: »
    Same crap as last year I think.

Last years autumn ( i.e. september and october) was mild and very dry, it was november that was the problem, which is really winter.

Boring and bland
    I am very surprised nobody hit very wet and windy with rainfall way above normal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Same siht different year:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Su Campu wrote: »
    There's no option for an Indian Summer, or even sunnier and warmer than normal? C'mon, where's the optimism??!!

They are all suffering fron SAD.. Seasonal Affective Disorder ;) Precludes any optimism..

:)

http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=427

It starts with many in August anyway when the days shorten and if there is a consistent lack of sun also it can hit in summer.

There is a lot more you can do than they say here.. ask google. But awareness is a key strategy...

SNOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Boring and bland
    I wouldn't say no to a storm this autumn.

SNOW!

Mr.Ken Ring seems to think so anyway. :rolleyes:

Boring and bland
    Scenarios for different questions in the poll

wet and windy with rainfall way above the average: From the end of August to maybe the midpoint of September there will be showery conditions. The showers will be widespread and heavy and thundery .

Wet and windy with rainfall normal or slightly below : " " " " " there will be some showery conditions. The showers are likely to be scattered but not very heavy although they might be a little thundery ( a little thundery?) on some days up north and the south and south-east will probably enjoy some nice dry weather until at least midpoint September

Dull and bland: Possibly the same scenario as the second one except days with pretty much moderate rain or patchy rain is really the only possibility

Nothing special, slightly better than last year : The weather looks to be almost the exact same as last autunm except conditions are not likely to be stormy like the start was and any wet day should maybe be filled with scattered showers.

Unfortunately I highly doubt the chance of us getting snow in autunm seeing as it is only meant to be cool during autunm although it is still probable seeing as moonman predicts it

On a side note I beleive that autunm will probably start wet and possibly windy. Details: I think during the end of august and start of September things are going to start getting unsettled up north with low pressure from a tropical storm up in Iceland. The Further south should remain settled with temperatures normal or slightly above. Rainfall will be near normal or slightly above in the north depending on the showers at the start of the mounth although during mid September the low pressure system will deepen and expand and showers will be widespread although there is a chance that they MAY be more scattered in the far south and even then there is likely to be some brief high pressure systems. October is likely to be drier than september with high pressure likely to stay put for a while (kind of like last October) then there is a chance of it becoming cooler during mid mounth . More updates potentially 25th August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

My heart says stormy, beautifully dark and wet (the way a proper autumn should be), but my head says boring & bland.

I'll go with the latter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Boring and bland
    WEt and windy with 8c maxes!!! (by end of september!)

Advertisement