Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pc to hd tv

• 10-08-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

i just tried to connect my pc the a hd tv by hdmi cable. i done that grand but have no picture on tv. my pc is windows 7 and i went into display settings and clicked the extend these displays. im cracking up i cant figure it out can anyone help cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭CDH

I think you have to change the display settings to duplicate instead of extend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭zeemax

nope treid that to just makes my pc moniter icons massive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

when my laptop is connected to the tv via hdmi cable, it makes an audible sound and all the icons go enlarged and then it is shown on the tv, have you got the correct hdmi channel selected

ye tv only got 1 hdmi socket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

SET pc resolution to 720x576, dvd movie res, or 1024x768,set pc display propertys,advanced, to grahics adaptor.card to
    refresh rate ,60mhz.You probably have pc set at 1200x100,which hdtv is not set up for.
    Read tv manual pc tv input settings.
    try 720 resolution first.TRY using vga in if the tv has a vga interface ,its designed for pcs.
    vga=15 hole interface.AND you have to turn on external pc display,usually fn plus function key,f7,
    look for function key with 1 or 2 squares ,tv logo.

• Advertisement

thanks all got this set up bout an hour ago. its as simple as hell. go into start menu on windows 7 click connect to projector and click duplicate. job done. feel like a fool now but thanks any way for the help

Advertisement