Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband How Long does it take to get Switched on

• 10-08-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi there
    Just wondering how long it takes to get Eircom Broadband switched on as I applied online and got a confirmation email that said provisioned in 5 Days that was last Tuesday.Received Eircom broadband router yesterday installed it no Dsl light. Just home from work this evening and checked still know Dsl light any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

martin12 wrote: »
    Hi there
    Just wondering how long it takes to get Eircom Broadband switched on as I applied online and got a confirmation email that said provisioned in 5 Days that was last Tuesday.Received Eircom broadband router yesterday installed it no Dsl light. Just home from work this evening and checked still know Dsl light any help appreciated.

Should definately be done by Friday of this week.

When I got it, it took around a week, obviously this can differ.

No harm to ring them, 1890 260 260.

I believe they quote 10 days but dont hold me to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

Thanks for the reply just phoned Customer Service got Automated reply Broadband will be completed on 10/8 today ?

martin12 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply just phoned Customer Service got Automated reply Broadband will be completed on 10/8 today ?

Maybe it will be in a couple of hours then. If they didnt give an exact time theres no way you can be sure.

If your desperate ring off your mobile and speak to someone!

Dont forget to power cycle your router every so often aswell

Ok will do just got through to someone in Customer Service they said to ring in the morning if nothing happened this evening

any update op?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's a bit of a how long is a piece of string question.

Depending on whether the line's already installed and provisioned for broadband, it could take anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks.

In some cases they have to do a lot of engineering work to hook you up to the DSLAM in other cases, e.g. where broadband was active on the line before, they might only have to click a few mouse buttons.

@ nuxxx

Rang Eircom @ 11am they said they would check it and ring me back got a call @ 12 checked the router solid green dsl light it's working am happy out now

Thanks for the replies

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

And the all lived happily ever after! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

dub45 wrote: »
    And the all lived happily ever after! :)
    A phrase heard very seldom in this forum!

Advertisement