Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exceeding bandwidth??

• 10-08-2010 5:51pm

hi have a desktop 5150 and tried watchin a tv programe on it the over day and this message came up "' exceeding bandwidth " do i have too much stuff on my computer ? how do i get rid of some of it thanks caroline

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

Could you be more specific?

We need to know what website you were trying to watch the program on and the whole error message to help.

hi thanks for the reply it was the bbc iplayer site and that was the message was bandwidth exceeded try downloading the programe

I think I know what that is. It's basically telling you that the bandwidth requirements of the programme are too much for your connection/connection conditions.

You'll find that the programme pauses when this happens, until the downloading has caught up.

In other words it can't download the programme fast enough to stream it properly because of your connection (or I suppose the BBC iplayer website could be under a lot of load).

I used to get that message when using it on mobile broadband (you know the download can be crap).

thanks for the reply any way to get round it ? thanks

Get a better internet connection :)

• Advertisement

haha ok thanks

I knew you'd like that one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Or watch it on off peak time.. If you are on broadband it is a shared connection, and if there is a lot of people on (i.e. like peak time during the evening) you may not have sufficient bandwidth to be able to to view your program. However, if you watch it later, say after 11 (when there are less people on the bband), you will probably have sufficient bandwidth to view the program properly..

After 1AM, everything I watch is usually perfect.. :D

Good advice. Or it could be the proxy you are using to view that can't send the data fast enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

are you in ireland or the uk ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement