Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsie Ultimate Battle

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm interested in having a Boardsie "King of the Ring" style battle between hundreds of characters from different universes to be decided by poll.
    I played somthing like this on a different forum years ago and it was really entertaining.

Essentially, we select 16 Comic Book characters, 16 Cult Characters (such as James Bond), 16 Sci Fi Characters and 16 Fantasy Characters.
    We then place the different characters from each category against one another until we have the top four from each category.

Then, those 4 characters battle it out in the polls until we find the "ultimate" boardsie nerd character.

Add in some fancy MS paint and tables and it's all a load of fun!

Would anyone be interested in doing something like this? We would need to place characters from multiple universes in the table but we would also have to ensure that nobody too powerful eg. Galactus goes in.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You have my interest! I'm not too familiar with comic-book characters but I'd be pretty good with the rest. Just please don't pick Star Wars... just a pet thing of mine. I don't want to see it there and having Vader win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

ixoy wrote: »
    You have my interest! I'm not too familiar with comic-book characters but I'd be pretty good with the rest. Just please don't pick Star Wars... just a pet thing of mine. I don't want to see it there and having Vader win.

It's not up to me to pick/not pick Vader. I'm not "the boss" and I'd like this to be a community effort.

Essentially what we need for this to work is:

More than one person to work on finding Balanced Characters for the Comic, Sci Fi, Fantasy and Cult sections (I would be decent at the Comic and Sci-Fi sections).

We would need someone to make some pretty pictures and tables for the competition.

We would need to decide what the criteria is to vote (eg. should one vote for a character who would "win" a battle or should one vote for the character that is "cooler" or "better" ect.
    How long would a poll stay open ect. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭GisforGrenade

Would be up for helping with character selection have a decent knowledge of fantasy and comics. The voting criteria should be whatever people want, people will always find a justification one way or another for their favourite character. As it's a poll only the number of votes matters. Polls should be open for 48 hours,a day is too short a time.

How should we go about gathering people to help with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Like the thread running in the Noc forum?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954685

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Like the thread running in the Noc forum?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954685

:o oh wow, now I feel silly!

Advertisement