Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have maunual for ACE COMBAT Squadron Leader ?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi ,

Just bought a 2nd hand copy of Ace Combat , Squadron Leader for the PS2 .. but there's no manual .. anyone have any idea where I can get one ?

also , is this version called ACE COMBAT 5 in the states ?

thanks for any help .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.1832

First one on Google for Ace Combat 5, hopefully it's the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikemike

Fairplay ,,

that was FAST !!!!

Many Thanks .. I never even knew that site existed ..

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah Ace Combat.

One of the only reasons to buy a secondhand PS2. I ****ing ought to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah Ace Combat.

I adore Ace Combat. Love Squadron Leader and the Belkan War. Such great games. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah Ace Combat.

You have a fairly hefty pc right? You could try emulate it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Slightly off topic, but new details have been released about the next Ace Combat.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6272780.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Ace Combat 04 is pure brilliance. That final level is one of my most memorable gaming experiences. Myself and my dad spent ages trying to complete it on the hardest difficulty.

I'll always buy an Ace Combat game and while this new one doesnt look like the Ace Combat I love, it looks pretty good all the same. I dont think Project Aces have made a bad game yet imo.

One thing that is dissapointing is the real world setting, I always loved the idea that the games were set in the alternate world of the Ace Combat series.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

robby^5 wrote: »
    Ace Combat 04 is pure brilliance. That final level is one of my most memorable gaming experiences. Myself and my dad spent ages trying to complete it on the hardest difficulty.

I'll always buy an Ace Combat game and while this new one doesnt look like the Ace Combat I love, it looks pretty good all the same. I dont think Project Aces have made a bad game yet imo.

One thing that is dissapointing is the real world setting, I always loved the idea that the games were set in the alternate world of the Ace Combat series.

Ace Combat 4 is probably my facourite as well. I absolutly loved the way they did the story, from the point of view of the kid and the enemy squadron leader. Hearing how the enemy camwe to regard you (Mobius 1). The music as well really added to it. The Stonehenge and Megalith levels (the two superweapon levels) were fantastic too.

Ace Combat 5 is just off being as good as 4 for me. I preferred the story i think, as it was slightly more engaging with your squadmates being actual characters. I dont think i'll ever forget flying through the tunnel at the end, and just barely avoiding your old squad leader as he flys past you. Was always good to hear enemies talking about how good you were too.

Ace Combat 6 was a bit of a dissapointment for me (and most others). The story was all over the place, and just didnt really matter to me. The gameplay was great, but it was just missing something. Still need to finish it.

As for the new one, i'll wait till we get more details. I dont like the look of some of it, as it looks like they've gone even more ott, but we'll wait and see. Also, it looks loike choppers will feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never really got into the 4th. I played it yes but I didn't really fancy the backstory. Squadron Leader was excellent. Music really carried it.

Advertisement