Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumble Dryer problems

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey all. A friend contacted me today saying that his tumble dryer is tripping his r.c.d. I asked him to plug other things into same socket, kettle etc, and no such problems. I got him to run a lead from upstairs (which I know is different circuit) and still tripped. He's in Dub, I'm in Cork so I can't check it myself. Anyone have any ideas? I don't know anything about these appliances.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Sounds like an earth fault in the machine , possibly the element

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if you can run it 'cold' via the controls -might eliminate the heater alright

i don't know much

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I have used the Washing Machine Company in Dublin for any problems that I 've had with domestic appliances and found them to be quite helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Theres a regular poster here called G.MAN who comes highly recommended for repairs to domestic appliances. You could try a PM perhaps.

PS I have no connection with G.MAN :-)

Advertisement