Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happening at Maryland - parnell st

• 10-08-2010 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Notice that they are putting in new windows in the Maryland motel in parnell street (the mall)

Is this place going to re-open, anybody hear anything
    just curious.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's always been open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

madmumto3 wrote: »
    Notice that they are putting in new windows in the Maryland motel in parnell street (the mall)

Is this place going to re-open, anybody hear anything
    just curious.......

Did it close down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

To be fair, it can be hard to tell with the state of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Like the rest of that area he's been ordered to clean up the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Rightly so. That place, and the roof in particular, easily make it look the biggest kip in Waterford.

Did anyone ever go in there or know someone who stayed there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

dayshah wrote: »
    Rightly so. That place, and the roof in particular, easily make it look the biggest kip in Waterford.

Did anyone ever go in there or know someone who stayed there?

Dont think you'll get anyone to own up to that one boi;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

In all my years I've only ever seen two people exiting the Maryland, I've never known anyone to go in there ..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lanno25

Is there not a restruant in there at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Next boards beers location so :p

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

There's an aerial half hanging off the roof waiting to fall down on some poor fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Ive never seen anyone go in or come out of that place,yet it always looks open(well kinda) How is it still running? surely they arent doing any business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Did the council order the clean-up? They deserve a lot of credit for the sprucing up of Bolton Street.

Never seen anyone enter/leave the Maryland but it is listed in some foreign guides to Waterford restaurants as a steakhouse

They at least must have cleaners or people working in the kitchen. I never even heard of anyone working there. It'd be a funny one for the CV though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

used to be an indian resturant in there called "cowboys and indians"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dazftw wrote: »
    Next boards beers location so :p
    They lost their license to serve alcohol years a go from what I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

michellie wrote: »
    Ive never seen anyone go in or come out of that place,yet it always looks open(well kinda) How is it still running? surely they arent doing any business?
    Its run by umpa lumpa,s lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

careful lads, we might get sued....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

I'd be very careful what I said about said establishment in a public forum as there is a history of litigation there.
    Saying that, it's a shame that the premises occupied by the site in question is not properly used. Personally I think it would make a great site for a boutique hotel or hostel given its proximity to the new Wfd Crystal showrooms etc. If I ever win the lotto I'll be straight down to the owner, he who shall remain un-named, & will make him an offer he can't refuse!
    It's a great location & what with the aformentioned attractions nearby & with the Tall Ships returning next year I cannot believe it is not maiximising its potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

The Horslips wrote a little song about the place which is recorded on one of their live albums.

The intro says this is about a place we came across in Waterford , a hotel called hotel inexpensive............................

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Fabulous establishment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jonnycwh

Myself and my mates actually stayed in the maryland years ago on a spraoi weekend. The hostel that we had booked had given our rooms aways so we ended up there. I didn't know the reputation at the time. The lady who helped us was very nice. The rooms needed updating. I can't remember what it really looked like in the bar. I always think its such a pity its been neglected. It would make a fantastic boutique hotel especially with the sort of penthouse bit on top. If i had the money thats what i'd do with it.
    I await the slagging that follows :)

jonnycwh wrote: »
    Myself and my mates actually stayed in the maryland years ago on a spraoi weekend. The hostel that we had booked had given our rooms aways so we ended up there. I didn't know the reputation at the time. The lady who helped us was very nice. The rooms needed updating. I can't remember what it really looked like in the bar. I always think its such a pity its been neglected. It would make a fantastic boutique hotel especially with the sort of penthouse bit on top. If i had the money thats what i'd do with it.
    I await the slagging that follows :)

Don't worry about it. I once met a US exchange student from Maryland. When she told me her name was Randy I just laughed in her face.

She didn't speak to me after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

dayshah wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. I once met a US exchange student from Maryland. When she told me her name was Randy I just laughed in her face.

She didn't speak to me after.

haha you couldn't write this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Jayeire

Place should be ordered to close. Utter state compared to Waterford Crystal down the road!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Jayeire wrote: »
    Place should be ordered to close. Utter state compared to Waterford Crystal down the road!

Advertisement