Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport best Meal for 4 Euro! (BOOTS)

Options
  • 10-08-2010 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

On my way to Malaga today, spotted Boots in Dublin Airport (Gates area) were offering 1. any Sandwich, roll,wrap etc. 2. Any drink and 3. Any snack for 4 quid. (Theres hundreds of items to chose from)

I personally got a Cajun wrap, Oasis summer fruits and a Belgian chocolate bar.

Will save you from buying food on Ryanair or a cheaper option from the cafes or bars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    On my way to Malaga today, spotted Boots in Dublin Airport (Gates area) were offering 1. any Sandwich, roll,wrap etc. 2. Any drink and 3. Any snack for 4 quid. (Theres hundreds of items to chose from)

I personally got a Cajun wrap, Oasis summer fruits and a Belgian chocolate bar.

Will save you from buying food on Ryanair or a cheaper option from the cafes or bars.

Went to Spain a few weeks ago and five of us piled into boots to stock up on this offer, well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Went to Spain a few weeks ago and five of us piled into boots to stock up on this offer, well worth checking out.

Yeah was great! saved me from the Ryanair food!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Watch out for the cockroach pieces in the salad. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

also found that theres a great shop in the building across the road (short term car park building that you walk from the long term car park bus into the terminal). Get full fresh made rolls in there for normal prices unlike rip off o'briens etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Boots in Jervis St has the same offer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

You should be a abke to get this deal at any Boots store (it's not a special either).

Always get food there on way to boarding aircraft.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The deli shop (think it's Wright of Howth?) just behind security,
    so after you've put your shoes back on and your belt, laptop back in the bag and coins back in pocket ;)
    has a similar deal. Support your local businesses! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

This deal is not new and not exclusive to Boot at Dublin airport. Great value...better that the SH**E that the airlines try to sell you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

yeah, that offer has been at the airport since Boots opened, get it every flight, the carrot bag snack is worth the try

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

and boots have dirt cheap water

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Must be a boring holiday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FredTroll

Aldito wrote: »
    Must be a boring holiday
    lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Aldito wrote: »
    Must be a boring holiday

I can't wait to get to the airport :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FredTroll

^^^^^^
    LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 RedEllie

As far as I know this offer is for any boots that sells food because the one in Liffey Valley has the same offer on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Used this many many times in Dublin Airport....no way I'm being ripped off by paying €5 for only a sandwich on board!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Dyflin wrote: »
    so after you've put your shoes back on and your belt, laptop back in the bag and coins back in pocket ;)
    yeah but they dont let you buy the nicer sandwhichs in their offer and you get a choice of 1 or two flavours for the crisps and water or something else when they have lots of other things available, whereas the boots deal, pretty much everthing is part of the deal
    RedEllie wrote: »
    As far as I know this offer is for any boots that sells food because the one in Liffey Valley has the same offer on :)
    Yes they do but im guessing the OP is saying the airport one because its a bargain if your in the airport compared to the other shops there.
    And you can bring drinks through secruity making it a better bargain.
    Its been around for at least a year though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Dyflin wrote: »

Regretabley I did this last week and went for the WoH option instead of Boots. Mistake. Average sandwich, 3 choices of drinks and 1 choice of crisps. Next time I'll be giving Boots my money. If the Irish stores want it they have to step up their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Could not agree more! For far too long they have been ripping us off and getting away with it!

Advertisement