Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bus to Corofin

Options
  • 10-08-2010 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

anyone know if there is a bus to Corrofin on sat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

What time do you need to be there at? I do know there used to be a Bus Éireann bus from Galway to Tuam which served parts of Corofin at approx. 6pm. There was 2 buses leaving the Bus Station at the same time around 6, 1 went straight to Tuam, and the other took a longer different route taking in some parts of Corofin. But you'd need to ring them and check if that is still running, as they may have decreased/stopped certain services/routes with the down-turn in Economy.

Also this suggestion is very vague and would need to be clarified or some-one with more knowledge of the area, but if Burke's Buses happen to have Services going to Tuam during the day-time, isn't there a turn-off to the right (Tuam-bound) around Anbally which will bring ya towards Cummer, would have to have some-one collecting ya though! Unless yer a big fan of walking! And just head for Corofin instead of Cummer.

(I know there's a right-turn really bad road on the Tuam Road not long before Tuam town, which brings ya straight to Cummer Nursing Home and it's a really bad road, but the one I'm talking about is a turn-off to the right also, between Corrandrum and Anbally, if any-one knows where or what I'm on about ??!!) :D:rolleyes::pac::P Actually this road to the right is indeed sign-posted Corofin if I'm not mistaken! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

All the scheduled regional services that I know about are listed on this Galway regional/national bus services page.

Sorry, I don't know enough about the areas to suggest which companies may go thru Corofin.

What time do you need to be there at? I do know there used to be a Bus Éireann bus from Galway to Tuam which served parts of Corofin at approx. 6pm. There was 2 buses leaving the Bus Station at the same time around 6, 1 went straight to Tuam, and the other took a longer different route taking in some parts of Corofin. But you'd need to ring them and check if that is still running, as they may have decreased/stopped certain services/routes with the down-turn in Economy.
    They stopped the Saturday evening stopping service via Corofin for the summer and there is only the expressway buses according to my aunt. Better to call the station.

Advertisement