Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC biology

• 10-08-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi everyone, Im looking to do the LC biology course this year. I'm coming in as a mature student so will be looking to cram all the work into the 8 months.

I have called the Institute of Ed. to see what the story is with their classes, and they have quoted me a figure of about 1200euro for the classes and the practicals.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere else that would offer grind classes??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭DC09

andyneb wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is somewhere else that would offer grind classes??
    You dont need grinds for Biology. I did it in 8 months in 6th year. Its pure learning stuff off, not too much to get your head around.

I didnt bother much with a normal (huge:p) textbook, this revision book is excellent and has everything you need:
    http://www.schoolbooks.ie/70963-Essential+Exam+Revision%3A+Biology+-+Leaving+Cert+-+Higher+Level+Folens+School+Book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 andyneb

Cool, thanks. Regarding the practicals, how did you get around that? Are they not a key part of the paper? I didn't do any science subjects for mine, so am coming in completely blank on all of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

andyneb wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. Regarding the practicals, how did you get around that? Are they not a key part of the paper? I didn't do any science subjects for mine, so am coming in completely blank on all of this.

honestly you'er supposed to so the practicals, but no-one actually checks. if you got a good version online it would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

The practicals are a really important part of the exam but actually doing them is not actually essential - I missed 2 of the 3 experiments on this year's paper and was still fine because I just learned them from a revision book and made sure I understand them. Defeats the purpose really :p

If you were worried closer to the time, the Easter revision course in the Institute IS fantastic and I'd highly recommend it.

Advertisement