Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Use Outlook to send e-mail to mobile

• 10-08-2010 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi,

Came across this, but couldn't get it to work. I used my phone 087xxxxxxx@vodafone.ie.
    Does this work for anyone else and if so, how?

Of course, you don’t have to use Outlook to send e-mail to just your own cell phone. You can send e-mail to anybody, as long as their cell phone supports Short Message Service (SMS). Fortunately, it’s a truly simple process:

Create a new e-mail message.
    In the To text box, enter the cell phone number using the following syntax: 10-digit-number@carrierdomain.com
    Create a message of 160 characters or less. Or attach a .jpg file, if the cell phone is also a camera phone.
    Send the e-mail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

it only works on meteor and only from certain domains. you can email number@mms.mymeteor.ie. there also used to be @sms.mymeteor.ie but it's reportedly stopped working.

if you're on another network then you can't in my experience.

check this out and see if it does what you want: http://www.cabbagetexter.com/email.php

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭PhotogTom

Too bad. I'd use it at work e-mailing my colleagues. My laptop is too locked down by IT to add any programs.

Thanks for the quick response!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

get a data plan and email on your phone. far cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

service (paying) like goto mobile will work here too.. but it will display email as an sms message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

U dont need to install anything to use the email version of cabbage. Read it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Random wrote: »
    U dont need to install anything to use the email version of cabbage. Read it again

You can also try the web version at :

http://cabbagetexter.com/web/newlogin.htm

Advertisement