Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor sports shop in Dublin City?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I was in Dublin yesterday and I spent the whole day looking for a pair of tight, knee length swimming shorts. I did the usual rounds to Elvery's, Champion Sports and Lifestyle with no such luck. I asked for directions to an Elvery's when I actually came across an outdoor's shop. I went inside as in the window their was a female mannequin kitted out in a swim suit that had shorts instead of briefs. Anyway, I found exactly what I was looking for in this outdoors shop, but I was a fiver short the asking price of the shorts.
    I live in Sligo and have found nothing similar to what I found in Dublin. I wanted to find out the name of the store so I could look them up online and see if they still have the swim shorts I need.

The shop was somewhere off the bottom of Grafton Street. I believe it was the first left off Grafton Street.
    If anyone knows the name of this shop could they please let me know a.s.a.p and if not,any suggestions as to where I can find knee length tight swimming shorts.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I believe they are called 'jammers'. What I'm looking for that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I suspect it is The Great Outdoors on Chatham Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Yeah that's the one. Website says it doesn't supply jammers though so perhaps they were actually cycling shorts even though in the swim suit section. Looks like I'll be ordering of speedo's website :/

Wow. I just went online and the UK Speedo site gave me a total of 39 pounds for my total costs. They didn't deliver to Ireland but their International site does but my total comes to 78 euro's for the EXACT same products. F*cking ridiculous. How does that even work?
    Looks like I'm back to square one so if any one knows where I can find swimming jammers in Dublin city I'd be very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Great Outdoors have a watersport's shop, have you tried there? It's down the alley/archway thing near Busy Feet and Coco.

I wasn't aware of that! Will inform the missus so she can have a gander later on today. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement