Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are DHB a good quality brand? (see wiggle site)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Yeah I have some of their gear and find it great for the price. Cycling like anything else is very much, 'you get what you pay for.' A pair of shorts costs €10 in Aldi for a reason as opposed to the Assos pair that costs 20 times that. For DHB though they have some really good quality, comfortable and great value products for people that don't want (of have the readies) to spend lots.

p.s. dhb are Wiggle's own brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

iregk wrote: »
    Yeah I have some of their gear and find it great for the price. Cycling like anything else is very much, 'you get what you pay for.' A pair of shorts costs €10 in Aldi for a reason as opposed to the Assos pair that costs 20 times that. For DHB though they have some really good quality, comfortable and great value products for people that don't want (of have the readies) to spend lots.

p.s. dhb are Wiggle's own brand.

p.s. dhb are Wiggle's own brand
    I suspected as much, they promote it so much. I wonder if they hike the price to give a great % reduction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

i like their jerseys, have a few of them and find them as good as more expensive ones i have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

I have both their regular winter tights and their extra cold weather winter tights.
    Both excellent and every bit as good as my Assos winter tights.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I got the DHB shorts after using cheaper shorts and found they made a huge difference (120k this weekend, no discomfort, and I weigh 13.5st/86kg). As a brand, they seem to be a good compromise between quality and price. I think going to cheap on the bottom is a bad idea, whereas the top is less critical.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

+1 found their shorts to be excellent

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Good to hear DHB is viewed as a good brand I just got a jersey and bib shorts, not tried them yet though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I don't find the bibs very comfortable for long rides.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Lumen wrote: »
    I don't find the bibs very comfortable for long rides.

You've just dashed my hopes, damn you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Possedion

I have some of their kit, shorts, good value and comfortable. I got a winter type top, found the zip a bit iffy but still there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I have plenty of their bibs and find them very comfortable over any distance. Maybe its just your particular size/shape. For me I find Nalini gear doesn't fit me well and its not the most comfortable but my mate swears by it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

+1 for the jerseys great fit and great price too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Cabaal wrote: »
    You've just dashed my hopes, damn you! :D

allow me to put the boot in too.......

I've two jerseys, both for winter riding both very comfy - warm without being sweaty.

I have a pair of bib-shorts and a pair of bib-tights - again lovely and snug, but my main issue would be with the quality of the pad which I've found wears out very quickly - either it's the quality of the workmanship (and stitching) or there's acid leaking from my b@lls:)

Also, in fairness to Wiggle when there has been problems they've sorted them out very quickly and with zero hassle.

I'd buy their jerseys again, but not their legwear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Shorts can be quite personal. They often do get a bit better as you spend more but IMO you won't get better than dhb at that price point. Their jerseys are among the best I have, and the jacket I have from them is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Reilstone78

I have just bought some DHB Bib tights and Arm/Leg warmers and a skull cap for the upcoming Autumn/Winter. From the reviews on Wiggle all dhb products seem to get excellent reviews. I will report on the quality/fit once I actually get to wear them. I'm hanging on to my Summer kit for as long as I can as I don't want to admit it's over!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭damoz

Just picked up a pair of finchdean bib shorts thanks to this thread ! And i vowed to avoid wiggle for a month or two ! Good price though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

damoz wrote: »
    Just picked up a pair of finchdean bib shorts thanks to this thread ! And i vowed to avoid wiggle for a month or two ! Good price though :)

I have a pair of those shorts and find them excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭cython

I have a pair of the dhb Merston bib tights that I picked up last winter/spring, and I can't fault them. Great quality, padding held up on a 200k cycle from Maynooth to Galway, as well as a lot of training before that. I since picked up a set of Giordana bib shorts for use in the summer, and to be honest, the dhb tights are more comfortable and cheaper too, but they were just too warm for the summer. I have a set of Santini tights that, while I don't wear as much, are on a similar level to the dhb ones

If (when!) picking up more stuff, I'd nearly be inclined to go for something from dhb. Unfortunately wiggle do charge extra for prompt delivery, whereas discounted brands on CRC can be gotten next day for free in the right order.

EDIT: Should also add that while the dhb tights were too warm in the summer, they were great on cold winter mornings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Does anyone know there shoe sizing, am 11 which they say is 46, should i be using the one size up rule on them. Internet seems to vary between too small and perfect.

Thanks

Also, off topic, looking at recessed cleats, are these harder to get in and out of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭rflynnr

I have a pair of dhb shoes (which are perfectly fine incidentally - comfortable and stiff). I'd normally wear a pair of size nines in regular shoes which would be a 43 but I'm a 44 in dhbs so suggest you consider going a size up from normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Does anyone know there shoe sizing, am 11 which they say is 46, should i be using the one size up rule on them. Internet seems to vary between too small and perfect.

Thanks

Also, off topic, looking at recessed cleats, are these harder to get in and out of?

I'm the same size as you and bought the 46, they are a bit on the tight size, I'd go next size up if I were you. Mine are OK for 40 -50 km spins, but I wouldn't wear them for longer spins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 PGN

If (when!) picking up more stuff, I'd nearly be inclined to go for something from dhb. Unfortunately wiggle do charge extra for prompt delivery, whereas discounted brands on CRC can be gotten next day for free in the right order.
    Wiggle do not charge for prompt delivery, they charge for prompt despatch!! This is a bit of a con as it is in their interest to get the stuff shipped as quickly as possible (they get paid when they ship). They dont use a faster delivery service such as UPS or DHL.
    Be cautious about paying for this extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭cython

PGN wrote: »
    Wiggle do not charge for prompt delivery, they charge for prompt despatch!! This is a bit of a con as it is in their interest to get the stuff shipped as quickly as possible (they get paid when they ship). They dont use a faster delivery service such as UPS or DHL.

Ah yeah, I get the difference, and to be honest, I'd never pay for it. I just meant that with prompter dispatch, delivery should be that bit prompter too. I prefer CRC as a site on average. Prices seem better, and the delivery practice is miles ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

cython wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I get the difference, and to be honest, I'd never pay for it. I just meant that with prompter dispatch, delivery should be that bit prompter too. I prefer CRC as a site on average. Prices seem better, and the delivery practice is miles ahead.

But they dont do DHB.

I bought that item in the end and Im happy with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

funkyjebus wrote: »

Thanks

I got a pair last week, I'm size 10 and went for 45 as per thier sizing notes. They're a bit on the snug size, though no chafing after the first 100k. I'd probably go 46 next time, so you may want to consider 47.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

PGN wrote: »

Thanks for the warning.

Advertisement