Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance time for wire transfer from US

Options
  • 10-08-2010 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me how long it takes for funds to become available in an Irish bank account after being wired electronically from the US?

It is my understanding that wire transfers are available immediately but somebody has just told me they think there is a few days waiting-for-clearance time. The bank in question is Permanent TSB.

Also, does the clearance time (if any) depend on the amount of money involved?

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It depends on which way the sender sent the funds. There is a same day option, whereby the funds will be in the account at the close of business on the day they were sent. The 'standard' time is 5 working days from the US to here. The funds hit your account on the 5th day and they are clear instantly from then.

Advertisement