Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you addicted to anything?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Tea and Football manager 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Sugar free red bull or any generic version. Venti non fat cappuccinos with a shot of hazelnut.

So caffeine is my drug of choice, I am always getting stick for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Coke (drink variety), gambling, golf, gambling on golf and Moro Bars

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭thelungs

The News... really. On the radio, internet sites, Six one on RTE, Sky news, news papers. First thing every morning and last thing every night. Can't explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

James_LWAU wrote: »
    Heroin ;)
    Liar. Everyone knows that heroin addicts put "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" at the end of their posts.

Coca cola. I genuinely find it hard to go for a few days without it. Every time I try to give it up, it's hard for the first two days, and then it's fine if I drink a lot of water, but if I even have a sip of Coke afterwards, it starts it all off again.

I used to go through serious amounts of that stuff. 2L a day wouldn't be unheard of :o

I was once the same. Then I got the diabetes and had to give it up.
    I only drink 500ml bottles these days. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

lucozade!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Manhattan Popcorn, seriously can't get enough of it, I have at least 8 bags a day and feel weird if I have none in the house :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I'm addicted to life...
    Seeing the reactions of people when they're given problems that they don't have the answer for. The feeling you get when you accomplish something really challenging. The sense of fear from doing something new....

Also.. Crystal Meth, Heroin and suppository Morphene :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Oxygen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

lucozade!!!!!!!!!!

Ewwwwwwww

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Tea, I'd drink it until it came out of my ears. Can't function without it, even brought a box of tea bags with me on holidays to America!

Oh and those people addicted to Coca Cola, the sister drank copious amounts of it until she developed kidney stones from it. Never seen anyone in such pain, I'll only drink it now if theres no Pepsi in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

Terry wrote: »

I'm addicted to alprozalam.

I was addicted to Diazapam at one stage. It's an absolute horror to get off but I eventually got there.

Hope you manage to eventually get off it, it's tough but worth it in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Used to be completely addicted to the PC Game Football Manager, had it bad. Once spent 3 months in the spare room pretty much playing it 24/7 and when I wasn't playing it I was thinking about playing it....finally decided to get rid of it and to make sure my girlfriend hid it somewhere in the house along with the charger..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Yeah, Crack Cocaine. It's just so more-ish .

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Diet coke would be my addiction I guess :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

Chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Shulgin

I use many drugs recreationally, but the one thing I have zero willpower for is Sweets, fizzy jellies in particular. Chocolate would be a close second.

No drug comes close. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

yes, a lot of things.

The worst addiction was the nyquil cough medicine phase when I lived in the states, such snoozy, cosy sleeps during the cold winters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

diet coke..drink about 2 litres a day + thats on a good day!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I Addicted to online Poker and Pepsi:o

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

+1 on the news..I love international news particularly, it makes me feel connected to the world.

Sparkling lemonade, apparently my mam craved it when she was pregnant with me.

Food especially chocolate, tea, biscuits and lemonade/squash

internet

boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

the ones I can mentioned here (:P) are caffeine, computers and fast cars

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

Lucozade... But Ive cut down big time compared to how much i used to drink...

Still have at least a bottle a day tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

At the moment I'm addicted to SPÖKA. They are these little nightlights in the shape of strange creatures that you can get in Ikea. They change colours. Can't stop buying the things and I keep them all arranged at the foot of my bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Caffeine. I'm sure there's some blood in my caffeine stream... somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Rolls, particularly chicken filler rolls, cant walk past a deli without getting one,,,,damn i want one now...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

TOTALLY obsessed with the selection of rolls on offer at lunchtime in Juniors Cafe. Nyom.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Scoring girls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

Tayto and yorkies mixed together in your mouth....mmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Pringles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Call of Duty..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Skittles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Vaseline...on the lips now folks:rolleyes:
    I wish I never started putting it on, I actually can't be dealing with not having it, if I leave the house without my trusty little tin I have to buy another one as soon as I possibly can...I have about 7 tins lying about from always doing that :D

I know a few people like this one being a macho bodybuilder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Boobs! cant get enough of them. have to touch the OH's whenever i see them.

Used to be addicted to GTA San Andreas too, gave that one up though

Probably fizzy drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Death metal, crisps, cherry coke (you delicious b*stard!), french hash, internet, cheese, baguettes and red wine, Death metal, air drumming, sleeping and Mortal Kombat 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

What causes so many people addictions to lucozade?

i only used to really lash one back sometimes in the morning if when i used to be up a 6:30am for work on my way in the odd morning, which i knew was wrong but sometimes i would be falling asleep at the desk without it! (or if i was going to work hungover!)

once i finished in that place, i wouldnt feel the need to wander to the shops for a lucozade or anything. is it purely the energy people need, does it even give you that much energy or is it a placebo?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

WindSock wrote: »
    Garlic. I'm mad for a bit of it so I am.
    Me too .......... People smell me before they see me.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

beauty101 wrote: »
    diet coke..drink about 2 litres a day + thats on a good day!

Same...it's not even...I don't even know why, it's just a routine now. Guzzle about 3 or 4 glasses of it first thing, without doing that I'd just never wake up. Can't go more than a few hours without some at this stage. Probably get through 4 litres a day normally, it's fúcking horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭HereNorThere

Have to watch a couple of episodes of Futurama before bed or I can't get to sleep.

Bender: Kiss my shiny metal arse!!!

(Irish accent added :D)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Not an addiction more of a habit.

I always need to have a tissue in my pocket in case I need to blow. Cold or no cold :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

high heels wrote: »
    Sex

in high heels hopefully! :D

I think I am addicted to the internet :(:o Nothing else really..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

I always need to have a tissue in my pocket in case I need to blow.

Me too.....tho I'm talking 'load' rather than 'snots' :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

I always need to have a tissue in my pocket in case I need to blow. Cold or no cold :rolleyes:

Oh, me too actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Same...it's not even...I don't even know why, it's just a routine now. Guzzle about 3 or 4 glasses of it first thing, without doing that I'd just never wake up. Can't go more than a few hours without some at this stage. Probably get through 4 litres a day normally, it's fúcking horrific.

well heres my few words of warning.... aspartame is the artificial sweetener that is added to most diet drinks etc. It has been linked to many serious illnesses including multiple sclerosis...Diet Coke is full of aspartame ........ have a read of this

http://ezinearticles.com/?Aspartame-and-MS---Why-You-Should-Avoid-It&id=2185642

and this

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and guess who was in charge of having it passed and declared as safe back in the 1980's??? the right honorable Donald Rumsfeld of the former Bush administration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErngurkB3J0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

well heres my few words of warning.... aspartame is the artificial sweetener that is added to most diet drinks etc. It has been linked to many serious illnesses including multiple sclerosis...Diet Coke is full of aspartame ........ have a read of this

http://ezinearticles.com/?Aspartame-and-MS---Why-You-Should-Avoid-It&id=2185642

and this

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and guess who was in charge of having it passed and declared as safe back in the 1980's??? the right honorable Donald Rumsfeld of the former Bush administration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErngurkB3J0

Here we go again... wasn't the recent nonsense in the fluoride thread bad enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

I used to be a drug addict.
    I still am, but I used to be too. :D

RIP Mitch Hedberg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

Here we go again... wasn't the recent nonsense in the fluoride thread bad enough?

drink away at it for all I care...

so you think the fluoride risks are nonsense then?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭magotch07

THE GYM

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i have to watch a film before i go to bed , i just have to watch films ±!!! and im addicted to getting new music , sometimes i get an album a day and a few songs a day !!! im addicted to playing me guitar, synths etc , if i dont im a different person.im addicted to the internet , and addicted to honey cherios

Advertisement