If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40/42" TV needed in Kerry for DTT receiving

Options
  • 10-08-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I was hoping to wait until Saorview approved TVs begin to appear on the market but needs must and I am in the market for a new television.

I have a separate freesat HD box already but need to ensure that the TV is capable of receiving the new Irish DTT free to air channels when they launch shortly. Most threads I have read seem to point to LG tvs as the ones to consider, but this is usually because they have Freesat HD receivers built in, which I don't need.

Given all that, would this model be suitable for my needs?: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42ld450/lg-42ld450

If yes, what price could you do it for, and how much would delivery to Kerry cost me? I'm also in the market for a cheapish blu ray player and surround sound but lets get the TV sorted first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Jezzag

That is a model that Richer Sounds in Belfast have listed, mind you they all seem to be reserved.

Best buzz the guys in the shop on 0044 333 900 0070 and they will be able to give you the latest price and incoming date on this TV

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jezzag

Great. Will do.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

jezzag wrote: »
    I was hoping to wait until Saorview approved TVs begin to appear on the market but needs must and I am in the market for a new television.

I have a separate freesat HD box already but need to ensure that the TV is capable of receiving the new Irish DTT free to air channels when they launch shortly. Most threads I have read seem to point to LG tvs as the ones to consider, but this is usually because they have Freesat HD receivers built in, which I don't need.

Given all that, would this model be suitable for my needs?: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42ld450/lg-42ld450

If yes, what price could you do it for, and how much would delivery to Kerry cost me? I'm also in the market for a cheapish blu ray player and surround sound but lets get the TV sorted first.

Jezz,

many thanks for your post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - the LG 42LD450 is a bit scarce at the moment but I hope to have more in next Friday - it's currently £429.95 / €539.99 and shipping to the Kingdom would be £39.99 / €44.99.

We also have a really nice full HD 100HZ new model in from Philips that we can do a pretty radical price on for the spec and of course it is MPEG4 DTT ready - I will PM you a price on this now but in th emeantime here are the specs: http://philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl5405h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Thanks again for the post and if we can assist in any way please don't hesitate to drop me a line,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jezzag

Just wanted to say thanks to all the Richer guys and girls. I've been shopping with RS for nearly 20 years and this is by far the best experience I have had from them. Prompt service, great advice, delivery when expected and a follow up phone call to check everything is alright (it is, tho I don't have DTT channels tuned in yet due to arial man not putting it up right...).

Keep up the great work John & co.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.