Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tramore this weekend??

Options
  • 10-08-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

heya lads anyone any idea what sort of waves will be in tramore this sat and sunday? would appreciate any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

flaaaaatttt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Instead of asking why not learn to check the forecast your self.

There's a good guide on Magiceseaweed and if you do some googling you'll find more.

I don't want to signle you out it happens all the time but it's kind of takling the piss to just ask people because you haven't made an effort to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

not much 'learning' required.
    goto website...view forecast....smile/groan

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

sorry for seeking some advice for a beginner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 eiresurfer

wuben wrote: »
    sorry for seeking some advice for a beginner
    Although it can be difficult for a beginner to understand the forecasting, there is some logic in Spacehopper's post.

This forum should really have a sticky that either:
    - Explains the basics of forecasting, or where to get a forecast or some maps(!) or
    - A single post called Surf Forecasts This Weekend, where any & all forecasts and requests for forecasts can go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭wuben

i do appreciate his comment...i understand were he's comming from

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

eiresurfer wrote: »
    Although it can be difficult for a beginner to understand the forecasting, there is some logic in Spacehopper's post.

This forum should really have a sticky that either:
    - Explains the basics of forecasting, or where to get a forecast or some maps(!) or
    - A single post called Surf Forecasts This Weekend, where any & all forecasts and requests for forecasts can go.

This forum has too many stickies to begin with. So they get overlooked and the same stuff gets posted over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

wuben wrote: »
    i do appreciate his comment...i understand were he's comming from
    Like I said I don't want to single you out or make a big deal of it, it's just that a lot of posts here are from people who could search for the answer but dont think to or can't be bothered, not directed at you.

If you want a simple forecast then this is a good one
    http://www.a1surf.com/Surf-Forecasts/Default.aspx

but leaning how to forecast waves can be as simple or as complex as you want to make it, depends on how far you want to take it. Also if you are a beginner then an on shore day can have plenty of white water.

Look at magice sea weed they have a forecasting tutorial or papers it's a good place to start.

Oh and enjoy

Advertisement