Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAC or Funtasia water park?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone been to both? Which is better? Primarily aimed at a 12 year old and a 3.5 year old. (and me of course...the biggest kid :D)

(NAC = National Aquatic Centre)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

The NAC is much better and I think caters for every age group, also as far as I know Funtasia charges by the hour as opposed to a set rate in the NAC which works out better value..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Perfect. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

NAC all the way!

great fun

took my

11 year old, 5 year old and 3 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

NAC is far better for younger kids too. The water park in Funtasia is more focused on the 7+ agegroup.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭teacosy

Does anyone know the minimum height for the slides in the NAC? I know they have a "you have to be this height to use the slides" type of sign, but would like to know what the actual height requirement is before i go. Thanks a mill Teacosy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

teacosy wrote: »
    Does anyone know the minimum height for the slides in the NAC? I know they have a "you have to be this height to use the slides" type of sign, but would like to know what the actual height requirement is before i go. Thanks a mill Teacosy

I'm pretty sure that it's 1.1m.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Hi. Just seen this thread and I was wondering is the general consensus still that the NAC is better than Funtasia?? I have an 8 year old and a 9 month old as am wondering which one is the best for a day out. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Which of the two would be suitable for an older child? Himself is 12 (quite tall). Has been to water parks abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I think Funtasia might be down the pecking order after this (not their fault of course)
    http://www.herald.ie/news/armed-robbers-escape-with-cash-after-holding-up-busy-waterpark-34986533.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 peckdunn

Jesus, that's terrible. Agree that it coudl happen anywhere though so shouldn't reflect on the venue at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement