Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nom, nom, nom

Options
  • 10-08-2010 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I feel compelled to tell anybody who has a sweet tooth, and may not already be aware of this, Avoca are selling Marshmallow Fluff. Nom! Marshmallowy, gooey goodness in a jar.

For anyone who hasn't tried it - you need it in your life, post haste! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

afaik they sell it in Fallon &Byrne and the Gourmet Shop, and the strawberry fluff too, not sure but I think I saw another flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 41 akila

Oooh, thank you! I fear diabetes is not too far away if I keep feeding my addiction :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

what the... ive never seen anything like that before! cant have marshmallows but absolutely loved them as a child, is this like the stuff you get in a marshmallow ball except in a jar??

what do you do with it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well you can eat it out of the jar with a spoon if you like lol
    Website is here

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Was in Fallon and Byrne last week, boy is that place a bloody scam!
    I get my marshmallow Fluff in my local deli store here in sligo. Something like 3/4 euro a jar and they have the Strawberry variety too! :)

Good on toast, or with peanut butter on toast! :D

Also for anyone who finds the taste a bit too processed (like my sister) it's dead easy to make and probably alot cheaper too!
    2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup water, 4 eg whites, pinch of salt and a spoon of vanilla extract.

Mix sugar and water and heat til it goes into soft ball stage. whisk the egg whites an alt to soft peaks and while the sugar gets molten, get a friend to pour in the sugar syrup gently while you beat the living daylights out of the whites at the same time. Fold in the vanilla and let it to cool and bam. Home made fluff!

• Advertisement
Advertisement