Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band Network

Options
  • 10-08-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

So i recently heard about this...it's basically a way for bands to get their tracks authored for rock band.
    But for everyone else it means even more music available for download :)

So i installed the update on rock band to get access....then went to "rock band network"..and "this isn't available in the country your xbox live gamertag is registered in" or some bull**** like that :mad:

I don't see why the UK/Spain/Netherlands and other countries get it but not us....we should be included when they turned it on for the uk :mad:

So yeah, kinda a mini-rant...but there's no topic about it either...so yeah.

*waits for it to be released here*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok for a start you are not missing much the stuff that is on there is by bands I personally have little interest in or have even heard of in a lot of cases.

However when one of my favorites like Bodies by Drowning Pool is on there that changes things. The reason for it not being available here is a Microsoft issue, nothing to do with rock band, some licensing bull crap. Like in the uk they get last fm etc.

Fear not, there is a thread here about RB network do a seach. I basically created a UK account just for this , and it works a treat. It allows me to buy tracks from RBN so far I have bought a lowly 5 songs from it. There was little of interest to me. You can use points cards to top it up as if you try to use a credit card it will pick it up as irish ;) and it's more expensive that way.

The big plus about it is you can download a demo of most of the songs on it :)

Edit: The songs will work fine in your normal account!!!!!! I just use the UK one to download.

Here a list of track on it at the moment http://dlcquickplay.com/dlc.php?sub=2

Advertisement