Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking a Nokia 6230

Options
  • 10-08-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi,
    could anyone tell me how to unlock a nokia 6230?

its locked to 02 at the minute and i want to use my meteor sim card in it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

o2 would give you the code, its an old phone so you would have spent enough credit to get the code from them i reckon.

Because its so old, you could use something like this also: http://www.unlockme.co.uk/Unlock_Nokia_FREE.php. I dont think this will do a 6230i, but it should do a 6230. Check which yours is, you can do this by pressing *#0000#

Welcome to boards too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

If that site Davy posted doesn't work, try this one,http://unlock.nokiafree.org/ I have used it for 6230i. You only get a certain amount of codes before the handset can no longer be unlocked by code (three gos I think) so make sure you input the correct parameters.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hughie1989

thanks for the replies.

I got someone to do it for me for 10 euro :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭irishjay

******** in tallaght did mine for free mobile sloutions now i thik

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Poster with a single post, advocating dodgy unlock site. Very suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

The correct procedure for unlocking phones is to ring the carrier and follow their procedure. Many of these unlock sites are at best middlemen (they get code off carrier) and at worst scams.

On some devices you can simply install an app to unlock it, but this is the exception (poor security).

Advertisement