Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JCB PHT24 Hedge Trimmer Problems

Options
  • 10-08-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,
    I finally got my almost new petrol-powered Hedge-Trimmer to run [faulty spark-plug!!!] and then I found it would NOT cut even 10mm twigs! The cutter-blades stop moving though the motor screams away happily!

How can I adjust the automatic clutch so that it won't slip under such light loads? I removed the base-plate and found a 10mm Nut [in a recess behind the blade-drive cams] which I guessed
    was related to the clutch-adjustment. I tried moving this clockwise a few turns but it did NOT improve the effectiveness of the cutter-bar.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise on how to make it work or, even better, tell me where I can get a Manual for the JCB PHT24.

Advertisement