Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringaskiddy exchange Cork dropouts vodafone

• 10-08-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

Hi All
    Is there anyone else in Cork having lots of dropouts in the evening withh Vodafone home broadband

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

I am having them here in Carrigaline - ALL DAY on and off. And for last week or so. Im with Eircom.

Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

http://techfeen.com/eircom-releasing-new-range-of-broadband-products/

"... This also coincides with users saying that their internet will “drop out” almost randomly over a period of days."

Aidan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I think they're rolling out new equipment to quite a lot of exchanges in the Cork area at the moment.

I noticed a flurry of activity at Wellington Road Exchange in Cork when I was walking past it. They were busily installing racks of gear, no idea what it is or what it's for but, I guess that it might be for the NGN upgrade.

My guess is that UPC is scaring the hell out of them in the urban areas where fibre-power broadband is available and they're fast-tracking upgrades.

Eircom must be losing loads of customers in UPC-cable areas. I mean, their product just isn't competitive at all either on price or speed.

I realise that Ringaskiddy's outside the cable area, but there are rumours that Carrigaline will be wired up as soon as the MAN fibre network is complete out there.

Eircom and Vodafone DSL from the Douglas exchange is shockingly congested at the moment and that's serving a huge area which is almost entirely UPC Cable connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭danny004

Cheers Guys
    At least I know its just not me.
    Solair raises an interesting point for me about the MAN network. Basically whats it for. It was installed around Ringaskiddy and Carrigaline by Cork County Council about three years ago but the local exchange was enabled before the fibre was laid and the service hasnt improved since so I am guessing that my exchange is not connected to the MAN at all or am I incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

danny004 wrote: »
    Cheers Guys
    At least I know its just not me.
    Solair raises an interesting point for me about the MAN network. Basically whats it for. It was installed around Ringaskiddy and Carrigaline by Cork County Council about three years ago but the local exchange was enabled before the fibre was laid and the service hasnt improved since so I am guessing that my exchange is not connected to the MAN at all or am I incorrect.

As far as I am aware, eircom generally don't use the MAN networks. Other companies do though e.g. Smart Telecom, Magnet and even UPC.

Eircom would have their own fibre networks that are entirely separate from the MAN.

• Advertisement
Advertisement