Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Booster Seat - child falling forward when asleep -

• 10-08-2010 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

i recently changed my daughters car seat from a harness car seat (where i could recline it when she falls asleep) to a highback booster seat with side protection - but when she falls asleep she falls forward and moves around in the seat (when she is asleep and worse when i drive around bends - not driving fast) - i have tried for move the base forward, so the back is slanted, so that her body is slanted backwards to keep her in position, and stop her head falling forward -

I wondering if anyone has any tip in keeping her upright and head in position when sleeping

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Maybe she is a little too young/ small for the booster alone? I would suggest a neck pillow, one of those croissant shaped ones. but not sure they make them in child sizes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 oopsadaisy

I have the same problem with the maxi cosi. Baby is 7 months so too big for the insert, but when deeply asleep head falls forward. If I pull him down a bit in seat, it will stay back but he is not really harnessed properly as I have to loosen the harness to pull his bum down a bit.....not ideal for long journeys, but also not ideal to have head forward .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

With the booster seat, I put my little girl on one side where she has something to lean left or right against. I then make sure I bring a pillow so that it's soft for her and she's comfortable going to sleep. There's not much else to do. It's almost impossible to get them to wear a neck pillow before they fall asleep.

As for baby seat........ are you sure there's no option to raise the front edge of the baby seat. This will tip them backwards a bit more. It can be hard to find sometimes. Alternately, a cushion under the front edge of the seat should tip it back, and the child is still secure in the seat.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

You can raise the neck pillow in the maxi cosi,ours was in until she was about 78cm and by then she was growing out of the seat anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I have the same problem, irritatingly the seat I bought is supposed to be suitable from birth, personally I wouldn't put a newborn in it, as its very upright.
    (Britax Hi Way)

It is comfortable looking when she's awake & as its higher than her previous seat she can see out the window better which impresses her no end :)
    However when she is asleep it looks very uncomfortable the angle at which her head is :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Hi, you don't say how old your daughter is? My son had the maxi cosi car seat until about 9m and then we got the kiddi comfort pro car seat. This looks a bit mad but is a new design from Germany and apparently very safe. The small boy seems very comfortable in it and even if his head falls forward (it can recline but sometimes i don't do this in time) he sleeps with his cheek on the padded bar going across the front, so not great but not too uncomfortable.

I know they do a range of seats for older children too but I've not researched those.

A friend of mine got the seat first, that is how I heard of it.

HTH.

Oh and it's suppose to last until he's about 4y.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

my daughter is 4 yrs old - she was in a britax until 2 months ago - best buy ever - lasted her 3 years - i then bought a brevi booster with back and head support, but she is falling out of this - anybody know of an extra harness system to keep left and right shoulder back - the seat belt just isn't working to keep her back in seat when asleep .....

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭dellWlan

ellee wrote: »
    Hi, you don't say how old your daughter is? My son had the maxi cosi car seat until about 9m and then we got the kiddi comfort pro car seat. This looks a bit mad but is a new design from Germany and apparently very safe. The small boy seems very comfortable in it and even if his head falls forward (it can recline but sometimes i don't do this in time) he sleeps with his cheek on the padded bar going across the front, so not great but not too uncomfortable.

I know they do a range of seats for older children too but I've not researched those.

A friend of mine got the seat first, that is how I heard of it.

HTH.

Oh and it's suppose to last until he's about 4y.

just wondering where you got the kiddy seat? only one stockist in cavan on website but thats a bit far for me to go

Advertisement