Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cannot Burn to CD RW on New iMac

• 10-08-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

I posted this on a Mac help forum, but thought I'd ask here too in case any boardsies have some advice:

I bought a new iMac just over a month ago, I'm completely new to mac so have been getting used to it over the last couple of weeks.

This evening I've been trying to burn some photos onto a CD RW so I can take them to be printed but have not been able to do so. Every CD I put in I am told that I can "read only" under permissions and there's no way to change it that I can see. I have tried several different CDs, including ones that were never used before.

I've been googling around to see what I might be doing wrong and I came across information about some software called Disk Utility that if I'm correct is for burning files to CD? I'm not sure?

However it seems that Disk Utility is missing from my iMac, I've tried searching with Help, Finder, the little Magnifying Glass on the top right of the screen and going to the Utilities folder in the Applications folder. I've also searched on the installation CDs that came with the mac but it's not on there (I previously used one of these CDs to install X11).

I'm using OS version 10.6.2 and like I said it's brand new, shop bought so there should be no problems.

I don't know if I'm looking for the wrong solution to my problem or if Disk Utility should be available at all on this computer so decided to ask for some help here! Tomorrow I'm going to head out and buy some new CD RWs to see if that is the problem, and I really hope it's that simple!

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

No idea don't use macs however check your cd writeables are the correct type. Either -r or +r. It can have an extra w after meaning rewritable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Hmmm it doesn't tell me if they are R + or -, they're just called CD-RW 1-4X. I've never had any trouble with them on my laptop though (not a mac laptop) so I don't know why there should be trouble on the Mac?

Advertisement